Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help

Hi i was wondering if space marine army could take assasins as allies like the ones in the inquisitor codex sorry if this is a stupid question

Iron Hands 2-1
    Night Lords 1-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Yes they can if you take an Allied Inquisitor Lord and retinue in your list.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep they sure can just make sure you have a Inquisitor & reutine in the list

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no stupid questions , just stupid people who ask them. Just kidding . All you need is an HQ inquisitor Lord and you can buy the assassin. Unfortunately, the Inquisitor is a points sink unless you kit him out with a shooty retinue, which your SM will be better at anyway.
    Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give the inquisitor a psycannon and have some servitors one with plasma cannon and 2 with heavy bolters. Only with this inquisitor can you have an assasin, and honestly, just get some termies or a land speeder, your soooooooo lucky to have assault cannons on those speeders I envy you. ealous:
    The gold grey knight man. These are hardy men who like cheese.

Ever thought of how cheese was found?:
    Brother captain
    `` I say sah, the milk in this barrel smells foul!``

Grand master:
    ``Oooohhh, give it a go!``

''Quack, damn you!''
    -Jamie heinamen, Mythbusters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusGaiusCaesar
    There are no stupid questions , just stupid people who ask them. Just kidding . All you need is an HQ inquisitor Lord and you can buy the assassin. Unfortunately, the Inquisitor is a points sink unless you kit him out with a shooty retinue, which your SM will be better at anyway.
    It doesn't need to be a Lord does it? I always thought an elite Inquisitor was enough to allow you to use Assassins.

Julius is right though; Inquisitors, especially elite ones, are absolute garbage on their own, their pooness only being compounded when in a Space Marine list. You can give him a CC retinue but Smurf CC units will always outperform that, and you get more (and better) heavy weapons in regular Devastator squads than you would in a shooty =][= Retinue. If I were you I'd either go for the elite =][= with BP/ CCW and fob him off on a Scout squad, or go for the =][= Lord and shove him in one of those footslogging CC units (Blood Claws or whatever they're called, or whatever your Chapter's equivalent is). Iron Will is a brilliant rule, better for CC squads since you can take advantage of it without having to drastically modify the Lord's equiptment, because to justify him in a shooty squad he'd need a non-pistol gun of some sort, and they don't get those by default.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen
    It doesn't need to be a Lord does it? I always thought an elite Inquisitor was enough to allow you to use Assassins.

A basic Inquisitor is enough to get an assassin in an Inquisition army (DH/WH/Xenos if they ever get around to it), but you're taking these units as allies, so you can only have 1 HQ and 1 Elite choice. The Assassin must take the elite spot, therefore only the HQ Lord works in an allies situation.

And don't forget that the Lord MUST take a retinue!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I can see why -- strictly from the Fun Point of View -- you'd like to take an assassin with your smurfs. Inquisitors and assassins are cool and fun, you bet!

But honestly, taking an allied Inquisitor Lord and Assassin is tactically beneficial only for the Imperial Guard. Your smurfs can shoot and survive in CC better than any inquisitor, and there isn't a deficiency in the smurf list that an assassin can cover that can't also be covered in some fashion by a normal smurf unit as is ... with the possible exception of the Callidus. "A Word in Your Ear" is a pretty darn useful li'l ability for virtually any army. Still, the minimum cost to get a Callidus in your army is 178 pts, and that's for a pathetic, entirely unequipped and poorly staffed inquisitor lord. You need to budget at least 225+ points, ... and would that investment really be worth it when you could spend those points on smurf units of one stripe or another? I doubt it.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread