tanith army idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tanith army idea

i know most people are going to hate this idea but i was thinking about suing the catachan rules for the tanith army i am going to use, the reason for this is that the whole army is effectively light infantry obviously im going to use the gaunt models for the command squad and then im going to use the catachan models as basic troopers and the tanith trooper models as the veterans

any ideas

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Personally i wouldnt, the catachan rules aren't really that useful outside of forests and woods. IMO a standard guard force with light infantry and camo is ALLOTT better in all terrain, and costs the same amount of points!!!!

I have no problems with others using catachans (if you don't mind an army of arny impersinators on steroids), why not just use the doctrines from the back of the guard codex??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously GW's Ghost models are the best to use, but an army of them would be way too pricey for most gamers.

I agree that the Catachan rules are good in some respects (the snipers are very cool), but i think the best representation of the ghosts is the one in the back of the Guard codex. If you don't think it suits your purposes as it stands, play around with the doctrines.

I've never been much of a fan of the catachan models, and IMO most of the ghosts arn't really buff, more lean and stealthy.

The Catachan models would make a good Bragg, Brostin, or any of the other special weapons troopers, the new cadian snipers would make excellent Tanith snipers, but to be honest, i can't think of a basic model that would represent ghosts......other than the ghosts.

Cadians with new heads and sculpted camo cloaks?
    Armageddon.....................the armpit of the Imperium

+ Reply to Thread