Testimonial - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testimonial

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Testimonial

Sometimes I have such an amazing game with my army that I feel like it must be shared. Played a 3000 pt mega-battle yesterday (alpha Seek and Destroy): 3x 1000 pt Necrons vs 750 pts Daemonhunters (me), 750 pts Sam Hain Eldar, 750 pts Imperial Guard, and 750 pts Space Marines. We lost, quite handily as it turns out, but that's essentially because the only part of my team that really did anything was me!

The Eldar had only an OK day of shooting, unfortunately, and also suffered bad luck at the hands of his allied IG...

The Imperial Guard spent as much time scattering pie plates onto the Eldar as onto Necrons, and while he had heavy weapons (mostly lascannons in squads), he just didn't have enough to deal with the huge numbers of necrons facing us. He did have a good game with his Chimera, though, it must be said.

And the space marines (a) foolishly sunk as many points into tanks/transports as he could, while taking minimal squads, (b) foolishly sunk 250 pts into a termie HQ unit, (c) foolishly deep struck the termie unit, and (d) deep struck them right into the middle of the enemy, killing themselves by scattering into them before they could fire a single assault cannon round.

As for me, I had a BC with a psycannon, 10 footslogging ISTs with 2x plasma, 10 PAGKs, a TLLC/ML dread and an AC/DCCW dread. While the AC/DCCW dread was quickly immobilized by destroyers, it continued to pump out deadly AC fire. The 2nd dread took out a squad of destroyers over the course of 3 turns and then (reluctantly, as it didn't have a DCCW) tied up a unit of deep-striking flayed ones in CC for the remainder of the game in order to save the entire IG force from being flayed alive.

The BC shot up one tomb spyder, and then tied up a necron lord and another tomb spyder in CC -- killing the spyder -- before dying.

The ISTs marched out in front -- in order to protect the space marines! -- and held up two squads of warriors -- 25 in all! -- for 4 solid turns before finally being run off the board. Amazingly, they inflicted more "final" (failed "we'll be back") casualties -- 6 in all! -- with their hellguns than they did with their plasma (4)! (To be fair, the 'crons weren't rolling that well, and I kept making armour and leadership checks though my shooting over those 4 turns wasn't even average.)

And the GKs.... What didn't they do? While the eldar were being pinned under friendly basilisk fire, my squad helped shoot down a 5-model strong Immortal squad (that took an IMMENSE amount of firepower from everybody). Then, on turn 3, they massacred a 6-model strong Immortal squad on the charge, then spread out to consolidate into two necron warrior squads (total, 30 models!). By the time the game had ended, they were down to just the Justicar and one more GK, but they had completely destroyed the warriors. All in all, just this one squad of GKs eliminated more than 700 pts of necrons on their own.

So while the game ended with plenty of necron scoring units, and virtually none from us, I can't complain about the performance of my Daemonhunters!

Last edited by number6; May 8th, 2006 at 18:48.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just another example of winning does not matter if oyu have fun! I congratulate you on your (victory?) and I have those testimonials all the time too lol. It is fun to paly this game and sometimes I ahve more fun playing even if I lose hor-I-Bly :lol:
    The gold grey knight man. These are hardy men who like cheese.

Ever thought of how cheese was found?:
    Brother captain
    `` I say sah, the milk in this barrel smells foul!``

Grand master:
    ``Oooohhh, give it a go!``

''Quack, damn you!''
    -Jamie heinamen, Mythbusters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Way to go nUMBER6! I love it when people post experiences like this. It helps all of us play our beloved Deamonhunters better.

I too have been playing with ISTs for a couple of games, and it only take the killing of 6.67 Necons for them to make their points back. I still hate their poor LD8 though.....

Necrons are one of the hardest armies to play against when a good General is in control of them. (If we only had railguns!) Damn will be backs, and double will be backs!! Arrggggg!

Yes Immortals are really hard to kill units. True story: I used to play against my (very good General) friend's Necron army a lot with my IG. He would always use a Lord with his Immortals and a give him a Veil of Darkness and a Res Orb with 10 Immortal. He would teleport these bad boys around the board and kill one tank per turn. (damn Gauss weapons!). I knew this after a couple of games and set a trap. I had two squads of Stormies in Chimeras with two Plasma Guns each, and sniper and Lascannons waiting for him to pop either my Basilisk or Russ (which were together). He did the expected and killed my Russ. I moved both Stormy squads to Rapid Fire distance and shot three Lascannons, Rapid Fired the Stormies, Fired three snipers......... All but one of the Immortals dropped. He rolled 4 back on the WBBs, then he sucked them through the Monolith and the rest got back up!!!!!!!!!!!( ( :realmad:

Cheers!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer
    I too have been playing with ISTs for a couple of games, and it only take the killing of 6.67 Necons for them to make their points back. I still hate their poor LD8 though.....
    The LD is really their only weakness, though. I've been playing them more and more often w/o a transport (need to save points!) and it's surprising to me how often my opponent just ignores them! Every game I've gone w/o my beloved Chimera, I've been able to get at least 7 models into rapid fire range. And they can do a surprising amount of damage at that point. I might start taking two transportless squads as troop choices plus a unit of FAGKs that are dedicated to footslogging no matter what....
    Necrons are one of the hardest armies to play against when a good General is in control of them. (If we only had railguns!) Damn will be backs, and double will be backs!! Arrggggg!
    Copy that! Let there be no doubt, the guys on the opposite side of the table were Good, and definitely earned their victory. But it just hurts when, for (actual) example, we manage to kill 9 out of 10 flayed ones with shooting, only to watch 7 of them stand back up! Or 3 out of 4 destroyers, and have them all stand back up! Or 3 out of 5 immortals -- on two successive turns, no less! -- and watch 3 on one turn and 2 the next turn get back up.
    Yes Immortals are really hard to kill units. True story: [...] ( ( :realmad:
    Copy that! One of my opponents from the game thinks that Immortals are the single greatest unit in the 40K game. I play lots against 'crons -- my son plays 'em, too! -- and I have to agree. They are truly fearsome. Especially when used in concert with a necron lord as you describe.

Speaking of which, we spent the entire game taking down a solitary necron lord with a resurrection orb. The model is tough enough to kill as it is, so it took huge amounts of concentrated firepower. But he never failed a WBB. It became a joke. I mean, we just had to laugh at the resilience of this guy. We voted it Most Valuable Unit, considering the amount of effort expended in not killing it.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread