Help My Friend - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Help My Friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend wants some help. He played my brother. My brother was Dark Eldar and my friend was Space Marines. They played a on a short battle field, 3 feet, I dont know what that is in metric units. My friend wants some advice on what to do differant next time. This is his army

Chaplin
    Jetpack

5 Assult Squad
    2 Plasma Pistols

5 Man Tactical Squad
    Plasma Gun
    Lascannon

5 Man Tactical Squad
    Plasma Gun
    Lascannon

5 Man Tactical Squad
    Plasma Gun
    Missle Laucher

5 Man Tactical Squad
    Plasma Gun
    Heavy Bolter

5 Man Devastor Squad
    3 Heavy Bolters
    1 Plasma Cannon

Whirlwind
    Xtra Armor
    Storm Bolter

Whrilwind
    Xtra Armor
    Storm Bolter

9 Tactical Squad
    Flamer
    Heavy Bolter

My brother took a Wych Lord 10 Hellions and the rest of it was spent for Wychs and Raiders. By turn 2 my friend was swamped and by turn 3 the battle was over and Dark Eldar won.

My friend wants to know what he should have done differant

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

First off, tell your "friend" (come on, we know it;s you using "your friend" as a cover ) to play on a bigger table, 6'x4' is generally good.

Next, play missions instead of kill-everything. This adds Tactical depth and a whole new level of fun to the game.

After that, make sure you'r playing the Trial Assault and Vehicle Rules, found in Chapter Approved 2004.

Now, on to his list:
    Give the Chaplain terminator honor, melta bombs and a powerfist in addition to his jump pack. This give him more attacks, and lets him choose between faster, but weaker, power weapon attacks, or slow, but devastating powerfist attacks.

Give the Assault Squad more men, and a Veteran Sergeant w/ powerfist. More numbers means more attacks and more survivability, and the powerfist can support the Chaplain and can splatter anything that comes along.

Make 2 Tactical Squads 10-man, and give them heavy bolters, plasma guns, flamers, or meltagun, and Veteran Sergeants w/ power weapons/fists, all mounted in Rhinos w/ extra and smoke, they can do anything reasonably well.

The Devastator Squad is too small, either add more men and give them 4 missile launchers, or drop them for more points and marines.

Also, some scouts are always welcome, sniper rifles for shooting, or bolt pistol/ccw for counter-attack.

You really only need 1 Whirlwind, and dump the extra armor and storm bolter, a watse of points for something that should stay out of LoS all game, IMHO.

With all the points you have leftover, a Predator (autocannon turret, lascannon sponsons) or Dreadnought (twin-linked autocannon or TL-lascannon, DCCW or ML) will fill a much needed anti-tank gap in your army.

Also, if you have some points, Land Speeders or Attack Bikes can add some sorely needed speed and cheap firepower to your army.

Good luck
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of ==Me=='s comments are good, and I would pay attention to them.

Your friend should also focus on tactics. Instead of trying to take on his opponent's entire force at once, tell your friend to make a focused attack with the bulk of his force at a single point (preferably a flank, not the center) and break through there. Limit the number of combatants involved at any one point in time in the fighting, and your friend should stand a much better chance with Space Marines. If he wants to get a little bit more fancy, he can try faking an attack one place then going somewhere else, but that is a bit more complex.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All those plasma guns aren't really necessary, as Heavy Bolters can AP DE, and he has enough anti-tank already, what with the proposed dread and the lascannons. That missile launcher might want to be changed to a heavy bolter, as well- the one in one of the 5-man tac squads. Unless he has his guys really bunched up, the small blast template won't be as effective as the volume of shots from a heavy bolter. Flamers are nice, too, as I recall (possibly mistakenly) that DE warriors have a +5 save. Is that right?
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Closed Thread