Deathwing!.....worth It? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is an all deathwing army really worth it..there are so few models, but termies are good so i dunno. could anyone with experience on this topic help out?..thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you're just starting out, then I sincerely would advise against it. They are meant to played for a tactical challenge -- they're really freakin' hard to use. I think maybe you should just start with a regular DA army with some DW Termies in it, and then build from there. That's my 2c.
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a normal marine army, i was just wondering if having an army full of terminators would be worth it, even though there arent going to be that many models.....also less models means less money...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, but DW Termie models are metal only, and they're bloody expensive. If you're asking if they're "good", it just depends on how well you play them.
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or what an DA army thats not deathwing but mostly deathwing, with a few tac. squads to provide some cover fire, with like plasma cannons......you do a regulae angels army with a grand master in termie armor...with like 2 tac squads of 6, and all else deathwing and dreadnoughts.....i dunno im just thinking online, lol, well just reply with your thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell ya. I play armies for flavor, and an all terminator/LR/Dreadie army is just so appealing.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want an army for flavor they&#39;re great. The only problem that they seem to have is that they have very little flexibility, I mean just a few IG ordance weapons with AP 2 could severly damage your army.

I&#39;m still gonna say they are worth it though because they just look so damn cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An all Terminator army, in my opinion, has the strengths and weaknesses that all Space Marine armies should have, if you look at the fluff at all. They are hopelessly outnumbered, but if you maneuver them right and use them right, they can be close to unstoppable. If you simply try to take on the entire opposing army at once, you will get swamped.

If I do end up building up my army at all (I play Blood Angels), it will be as an all veteran formation. I know there are no rules for it, but I do not care. The tactical advantages and overall look and feel of the army will be what I want.
    &quot;Don&#39;t Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good.&quot;
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an all veteran blood angels??....sounds fun&#33;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast