Demolisher - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demolisher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demolisher

I'm considering reconfiguring my army in order to take a demolisher,

Also, what do you think the best weapons / sponson configuration is for the demolisher?
    everyone seems to like the plasma cannons, but how does the multi-melta stand up?

My most common enemy is a Termi-daemonhunters army complete with land raider crusader.

any comments on my current army list would be greatly appreciated
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...rian-11th.html

Last edited by Korim Trucebane; May 17th, 2006 at 04:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

In my opinion, demolishers are pretty nice, the high str low ap ordenance will definatly make terminators worry, aswell as all varieties of infantry.

Personally i wouldn't go with the anti-tank demolisher configuration, in my opinion that's what the infantry are for, also, i would suggest sponson weopans with a range longer than 24'', when your within 24'' aren't you gonna want to fire the demolisher canon???

I'd go with 3 heavy bolters personnally, but i guess it's just a matter of taste, i like the idea of my tank rolling up spraying a hail of fire then entering range with a smack from the demo cannon.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

I think those are the two best options for arming a demolisher, either all heavy bolters or the plasma/lascannon.

1)All heavy bolters have a slightly longer range than the demolisher, so it can actually do something while it waits for people foolish enough to come within 2 feet... It also keeps the demolisher somewhat cheaper pointswise, and a another big plus is that you can move and still fire all of the HB's.

2) The plasma cannons and a lascannon is pricier, but you get a bigger range, which means you can start earning back those points quicker. The stronger guns means you can focus on tanks/big nasties even without the cannon, so the terminators will still be in trouble even without being in range of the cannon. The downsides of this setup is the increased price, you are depending on fewer chances to hit (9 chances v. 3) and you can't move and shoot so it loses mobility.

I use the plasma/lascannon setup, because there's nothing I hate more than my turret getting blown off and all I'm left with is some heavy bolters... this way you need to completely annihilate it or else I'm still packing a good amount of ap-2. It's AV-14, which sometimes doesn't mean much, but it hopefully will have some survivability so I want to make it last.
    Also, it's my army's centerpiece, modeling-wise, so I wanted to soup it up for effect.. :yes:
    Last edited by Abraham Lincoln; May 10th, 2006 at 18:13.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

i used the plasma/lascannon combo

looks good + can snipe vehicles early in game

ps. demo/plasma/lascannon are a few of the meanest weapons in 40k
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so then it sounds like a properly set up demolisher is worth dropping the ratlings for...right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definately! while ratlings are cool nothin puts the fear of god into your opponent more than a good old demolisher
    Where there's a will there's a weapon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by geom
    definately! while ratlings are cool nothin puts the fear of god into your opponent more than a good old demolisher
    Yes. I'm with geom. But the only problem with the demolisher is that EVERY anti-tank gun is going to be pointed at it until it's destroyed. You should give it a try, though... it only takes one Demolisher shell to obliterate any squad of termie's!
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that having a fire magnet like a Demolisher can be helpful. The more your opponent shoots at it, the less that's shooting the rest of your army. Use this to your advantage.

Off the top of my head, if he's shooting the Dem,
    • then my other tanks will probably still be alive next turn
    • He may get desperate and take low odd shots at it hoping to get lucky, every wasted shot helps you
    • He's leaving other stuff alone so I'm more likely going to be able to get that stuff into a better position.
    • Maybe he's exposing himself in an attempt to get all those shots on you. Make him pay.
    Alot of people like to look at my x point unit killed y points of your army. Don't forget the my x point unit kept 1000 pts of his army busy for 2 turns, so I didn't lose 500 pts of other stuff and the rest of my army hammered his other 1000 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bortass
    Remember that having a fire magnet like a Demolisher can be helpful. The more your opponent shoots at it, the less that's shooting the rest of your army. Use this to your advantage.

Off the top of my head, if he's shooting the Dem,
    • then my other tanks will probably still be alive next turn
    • He may get desperate and take low odd shots at it hoping to get lucky, every wasted shot helps you
    • He's leaving other stuff alone so I'm more likely going to be able to get that stuff into a better position.
    • Maybe he's exposing himself in an attempt to get all those shots on you. Make him pay.
    Alot of people like to look at my x point unit killed y points of your army. Don't forget the my x point unit kept 1000 pts of his army busy for 2 turns, so I didn't lose 500 pts of other stuff and the rest of my army hammered his other 1000 pts.

Yeah to all the above.

Also I like to take lots of plasmas in my vet squads and my LI squads right now I am sitting on 12 Plasma guns between 3 LI squads and 3 vet squads. I do this because it kinda freaks my opponent out knowing that I've also got two LRs that can also tear him up. With a Demo you can do this too because your opponent has more things on his plate than he can shake a stick at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though i'd really buy 3 HBs instead of the plasmacannons, as a demolisher should be on the move IMO (for not beeing that badly outmanouvered or attacked in cc an hit automaticly), and plasmacannons on a moving demolisher are a waste of points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast