best weapon options for furiuos charge? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best weapon options for furiuos charge?

well the title sais it:

what is the best weapon option for a vet serg. with furiuos charge?
    a power weapon or fist or something else?

the reason for asking is that for the medusa V campaing i want to use a lot of infiltrating, furiuos charge having tactical squads. (long live traits:yes: )

any suggestions?

thanks in in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Somewhere within the dark deeps of oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm not an expert but I can say this not power fist you lose a nice benefit of I5 and in cc it's no big difference between s10 and s8 actually. I think power weapon, bolt pistol and terminator honours would be the best choise, or maby a pair of lightning claws maby with terminator honours. Lightning claws would be the most expensive but maby the best.

~Zartas, first angel to fall from the grace of heaven
    Long ago there was something in me, but now that thing is gone,
    I cannot cry, I cannot care, that thing will come back no more.

If you like someone's post and/or found it useful please add to their reputation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the best weapon to take advantage of furious charge would just be to take a power weapon and a bolt pistol, so therefore you gain and can effectively use the 1+ Strength and Initiative you receive from furious charge.

But if i was you i would take a powerfist.Having a hidden powerfist in a nice full beefy tactical squad with furious charge is one nice assault force. The fist will come in much more handy and ensures the squad can stand its ground if it is to get into combat with some of the larger, more nasty targets.

Cheers,
    Tycho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zartas
    in cc it's no big difference between s10 and s8 actually.
    You only get the +1 for Furious Assualt after the doubled strength so you attack with S9 for the first round and S8 in all other rounds.

Power weapons are good with the I5 and all but if you don't kill that T8 monster one the charge you wont be able to wound it at ALL, not ever. I had that when I charged a Wraithlord T8 with a Chaplain and Assualt squad, they needed 6's to wound on the charge and didn't kill it. He then proceded to take then apart and I had to sit there and take it! Your Power fist is the only chance you have against high Toughness creatures in CC, and the S9 attacks of FA mean you wound on 3+ instead of 4+, NICE.

Hope this helps.

PS Against a T8, if you could S10 you would wound on a 2+, with S8 it's a 4+, That would be a massive difference rather than "no big difference"!
    Last edited by King_Nerd; May 11th, 2006 at 11:57.
    "Here dead lie we because we did not choose to live and shame the land from which we sprung. Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose; but young men think it is, and we were young."
    A. E. Housman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

As everybody else pointed out, either one works. The thing to remember is what circumstances you're fighting in.

If you're after big nasty things then yeah - Powerfist, all the way. No other option.

For regular troops though... I5/S5 Power Weapons can be very useful. Sure, you don't wound everything on a 2+, but you'll get to thin out your opponents at I5 - usually before they strike back, which potentially means you take much less damage in return. This is extremely powerful with Lightning Claws, where you even get to re-roll those S5 wounds, meaning your only real difficulty is in making the hits in the first place.

If you're planning to have multiple squads, consider having one or two for each mission - PF squads for big targets (and Marine Characters!), BP/PW or twin LC squads for regular infantry.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Somewhere within the dark deeps of oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King_Nerd
    You only get the +1 for Furious Assualt after the doubled strength so you attack with S9 for the first round and S8 in all other rounds.

Power weapons are good with the I5 and all but if you don't kill that T8 monster one the charge you wont be able to wound it at ALL, not ever. I had that when I charged a Wraithlord T8 with a Chaplain and Assualt squad, they needed 6's to wound on the charge and didn't kill it. He then proceded to take then apart and I had to sit there and take it! Your Power fist is the only chance you have against high Toughness creatures in CC, and the S9 attacks of FA mean you wound on 3+ instead of 4+, NICE.

Hope this helps.

PS Against a T8, if you could S10 you would wound on a 2+, with S8 it's a 4+, That would be a massive difference rather than "no big difference"!

Sorry I was tired when I wrote that. How many things is there with t8 in the game, I know nigthbringer adn wraithlords but is there anything else?
    Long ago there was something in me, but now that thing is gone,
    I cannot cry, I cannot care, that thing will come back no more.

If you like someone's post and/or found it useful please add to their reputation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zartas
    Sorry I was tired when I wrote that. How many things is there with t8 in the game, I know nigthbringer adn wraithlords but is there anything else?

Fair point, but punching out vehicles with a Powerfist is FUN too, you can't do that with a Power weapon!
    "Here dead lie we because we did not choose to live and shame the land from which we sprung. Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose; but young men think it is, and we were young."
    A. E. Housman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay guys thanks for the advice, i am planning to wield just two tac squads, and plan to give them the following:

10 man tactical squad (bolters and 1 flamer)
    vetran with powerweapon and boltpistol
    all infiltrate and furious charge and frag grenades

10 man tactical squad (bolters and 1 meltagun)
    vetran with powerfist and boltpistol
    all infiltrate and furious charge and frag grenades

one squad is their to take on the more softer pieces, ready to flame-then-hack-methodthe oother is their to take on the more heavier elements of the enemy.

what do you think, good combo's or do they suck?

thanx in advance

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    . This is extremely powerful with Lightning Claws, where you even get to re-roll those S5 wounds, meaning your only real difficulty is in making the hits in the first place.
    Easy way to take care of that is to put a chaplain with lightning claws with the squad. Re-roll hits and wounds.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

First, i suggest you dont mix two traits on a single marine- that is, dont make a marine 21 points per model.

Now then, the only time i would use a powerweapon, is with a squad, with furious charge, led by a chaplain, which moves after then others.

Typically, the only squad i field powerweapons in is deathcompany, generally otherwise, even in a chaplain led assault squad, i find a powerfist more helpful.

+ Reply to Thread