And now.... the results! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

And now.... the results!

Well, here's the results of the tournament.

Normally we play 3 rounds, but this time was a lil different.

First round put me against Mr Nurgle (i know what ur thinking, S3, T5 )

anyways, he ran a different list than what he usually uses....

from what i remember he had...
    Nurgle lord in termie armour w/ dark blade.
    14 terminators (yes, 14, 1 squad was a retinue and both had reapers)
    2 x 14 man squads
    2 x 7 man squads w/ 2 plasma
    15 x plaguebearers

I might write a batrep later if i can remember the game, but the vindicare didnt do jack s***. I focused my fire on select units... ( i wiped out 1 14 man squad in turn 1!) 1 7 man squad fell to the b-wpn canoness and the retributors, the other 14 man squad was brought to half strength, i killed ALL his terminators, and got 2 wounds on his lord. I killed all his plaguebearers.

I lost... B-wpn canoness, 2 squads of troops, 1 squad of seraphim, vindicare, half of the other squad of seraphim, 1 exorcist, wpn off other one.

When Vp's were added up... he had 650pts roughly left, i had 900pts left approx. Result: WIN FOR THE SISTERS!

(remarkably i did this good w/o getting first turn!)

Game 2 was against black legion, now, this was where the sniper shined!

he had...
    Abaddon
    Bloodthirster
    squad of chosen
    20 man squad of csm w/ furoius charge, bolt pistols/ccw
    6 man squad w/ lascannon, plasma, pwr wpn
    5 Nurgle Terminators
    15 daemonettes
    Defiler (mutated hull)
    Dread w/ plasma cannon and mutated hull

Mission was take and hold alpha level

Remarkably i got first turn.
    First exorcist shoots defiler... 1 shot, nothing
    second one gets three shots and blows off the battle cannon
    Rhinos move, pop smoke, seraphim move up, retributors shoot chosen
    vindicare sniper shot: hellfire round. target: 20 man squad asp champion. 1 shot 1 kill. bloodthirster is forced out! (my plan all along!)
    the bloodthirster gets a charge on seraphim, kills 1 (spirit of martyr) then dies from instability!
    2 melta squad immobilised dread.

well thats all the big major stuff, only other things worth mentioning is that the sniper also put a wound on abaddon and sniped a termie

at the end of the game.... all he had was an immobilised dreadnought, i had 3 full squads, 1 full squad of seraphim, a canoness, 1 exorcist, assassin, retributors all alive!

Result: CRUSHING VICTORY FOR THE SISTERS!

im not going to even go into the third game cause it was a retarded arena boarding action deal wacked up game. (tournie guy told us to take 1 troop choice from our army lists the day of, so i had 1 squad w/o transport when ppl like nurgle had 14 man squad and tyrandis had like full souped up genestealer squad)

what was even more retarded was the grossly number of pts ppl got from the game. example, i got taken out quick in the arena game (big suprise) then my BT friend LOST both his earlier games but lasted 3rd to last in arena and managed to squeeze off 3rd place! ya i know, WTF!

anyways, this tournament was wacked and a lot of us were pissed, but i got 2 solid victories against MEQ's, and so im happy with my performance.

well, post any comments/questions if u got em!

-nehring

2000pts Orks 4-2-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Excellent!

You have done the Sisters of Battle proud!

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

*breathes on his nails and polishes them on his chest*
    Told ja.

And...
    We're very proud.
    Actually... WHEW is more like it. (You just don't know what's going to happen at tournaments).
    But I think your list had a bunch of units that are trouble for MEQs, so I'm not surprised it did well vs MEQs.

(tournie guy told us to take 1 troop choice from our army lists the day of, so i had 1 squad w/o transport when ppl like nurgle had 14 man squad and tyrandis had like full souped up genestealer squad)
    This is SO F-ing bogas. Please tell whoever's idea it was that we're all fuming over this idea.
    What if a Guard player was plaing. Bogas X 50 I tell ya. Even if I were one of the Nid or Nurgles, I would have said "this is so stupid". ALL games are an even points match. I don't think I would have played that round.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel
    But I think your list had a bunch of units that are trouble for MEQs, so I'm not surprised it did well vs MEQs.
    uh duh, hello, WH are very decent at anti MEQ. I knew that like all tournies, it would be packed full of marine players. But when i saw i was playing nurgle first round, and saw he had no tanks and just a mass of footsloggers, i almost cried thanking god

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel
    This is SO F-ing bogas. Please tell whoever's idea it was that we're all fuming over this idea.
    What if a Guard player was plaing. Bogas X 50 I tell ya. Even if I were one of the Nid or Nurgles, I would have said "this is so stupid". ALL games are an even points match. I don't think I would have played that round.
    ya it was pretty wacked. im still pretty damn pissed. at least it was a free tournament, otherwise i'ld really be b*tching! it still suxs tho cuz first prize i beleive was like a 50% off discount for an item at the store where it was run. the match could have been fun until half of us realized we were screwed. Still, the guy usually runs really good and fun tournaments, this was the first time he tried this and it wass total bull! anyways he realized that it was unfair so if he ever does it again he said he's going to make it a lot more strict and set like a 200 or 250pt limit. (can u say 20 man squad of sisters )
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Congrats! From the way you describe it I take that it was organised by a local, non-GW store? Pretty cool (minus the 3rd game) that at least you are getting some independent tourneys organised in your gaming club/store

Do you feel that the comments on your list that you got here helped out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Yeah that boarding action is ridiculous, what were people supposed to do against grey knights carrying storm bolters with true grit and force weapons, ridiculous.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

+ Reply to Thread