Victory for the Sisters debut.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victory for the Sisters debut....

Recently I decided to collect a Witch Hunter army after building a small force of Iron Warriros. Interestingly enough one of the reasons I got them was that none of my friends had them. But I promised myself I would build them up and paint them before I fielded them. However after several months of not being able to paint them up I went into a battle today with some of the painted up, but with the rest put onto bases without glueing, and the numbers made up with grey knights.

My belief is that Sisters have several advantages, but close combat really isnt one. Except for the Celestians maybe. with a 2000 point army I took on a friends Night Lords, and well what can I say, wiped the floor.

I went first and with my two exorcists I rolled a pentrating six on his Land Raider wiping it out. His Rhino soon went leaving a Heavy Weapons squad and a Dreadnought. But the following turn my seraphim squad stole the show. With just five of them I swept past the Dreadnought as he left them thinking they were no threat. Moving within 3 inches I shot two inferno pistols into its back and blew it to bits. Even with me forgetting I can roll another D6 for armour penetration.

The rest of the battle consisted of me eliminating each squad one by one, however the sisters took fairly heavy losses with the Grey Knights standing to the end. With the name of the game being Assasination I finally took out his Chaos Lord with the exorcist.

At the end I lost two squads of sisters, seraphims and a GK squad. Whereas my friend lost all but a small squad of Chaos Marines after 6 turns. The only bad thing to come out of the game, is that my friends are now aware of exactly how powerful certain aspects of the sisters can be and know what to take out. They certainly think they're not a pushover as they first thought.

Sisters

1 Cannoness
    2 Squads of 9 Sisters
    1 Squad of 5 Seraphims
    1 Immolator
    2 Exorcists
    2 Squads of 9 GK's
    2 Squads of GK Terminators (5 and 9)

Chaos

1 Chaos Lord with Retinue (9 strong) in a Land Raider
    1 Devastator Squad
    1 Dreadnought
    1 Squad of 9 Marines in a Rhino
    1 Squad of 5 Marines Infiltrating
    1 Squad of 9 Raptors

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Dude it's hardly a pure Sisters list - you have just as many Grey Knights units! Yeah sure the Inquisition as a whole rock, but take out your Grey Knights and i'm sure the Night Lords would have set up a train on the girlies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said before the Grey Knights were there to swell numbers. Mind you I was interested to see what effect they would have teaming up with SOB would be. Once I get paid I can get some more SOB squads bought and built up....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Estavez,

It seems that you've only scratched the suface for WH. But you definitely scratched the better side. GKs are the best ally that WH can take. So your list is very stong. GKs effortlessly answer WH's call for sustained superiority in Close Combat.

I think you're spot-on with the twin Exorcists: Two Exorcists = 3Xs the effect of one Exorcist, essentially because they eliminate each other's threats. It's like the difference between 1 Rook or 2 Rooks in Chess. Two Rooks is a "Battery".

Not sure if you executed any Divine Guidance Acts.
    It is especially powerful when applied to a squad who is using 2 flamers.
    It is the most significant advanage that WH possess.

I personally don't see the need for Terminators.
    I think they're overkill. GKs do the job well enough for me. If an enemy squad is too tough in CC for regular GKs, then it's probably very expensive, and I will refuse to play into that hand.

I have to question one detail in your list.
    This is a WH parent army.
    But your 2 squads of 9 sisers are each short of 1 sister from fulfilling the minimum force org requirement. (And for that matter, why so many squads with an odd-number of models? You do realize it's a small disadvantge to maintaining the squad above 50% scoring, right?)
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The original plan for the battle was going to be me playing alongside my friend using black templars against our two friends with Chaos. In the past I have only used my own Iron Warrirors and wanted to use the sisters for the first time. However because of the lack of models (and the amount my friend could lend me in GK's) the force was balanced as it was. Terminators probably did make it overkill, but it also gave me an interesting insight into how you could balance them out when merging the two.

I used Divine Guidance a couple of times, with mixed results. But I can see what you mean about using it with two flamers, espcially with units in cover.

Oh and the two squads of sisters were nine strong, with a sister superior, forgot to mention that. Next time I plan to field larger squads, to make good use of them being fairly economical amongst other things (once I bought them) and maybe put an assasin and repentia squad in too.

+ Reply to Thread