How Do You? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

How Do You?

How do you gear your inquisiter(sp.?) lord. I'm trying to find the best option against almost any enemy.

I'm back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never use an inquisitor LORD, but when I use an inquisitor I do the following.
    Nothing to the inquisitor lord, except maybe a psycannon.
    1 PC servitor
    2 HB servitor
    2 sages
    1 mystic
    maybe an acolyte or 2.
    Inquisitor lords are generally a wase of points when you can get an inquisitor for less points that is almost as good. To me, he inquisitor is there to provide henchmen usually, which tend to be much better than him.
    Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusGaiusCaesar
    I never use an inquisitor LORD, but when I use an inquisitor I do the following.
    1 PC servitor
    2 HB servitor
    2 sages
    1 mystic
    maybe an acolyte or 2.
    Inquisitor lords are generally a wase of points when you can get an inquisitor for less points that is almost as good. To me, he inquisitor is there to provide henchmen usually, which tend to be much better than him.
    I like mine almost exactly the same, but I take two mystics. I prefer the Lord, however, due to the fact that he won't run away with a couple of his squad missing. LD8 isn't very good for passing tests, so for the extra points I like the Lord, it keeps the Psycannon and Plasma Cannon firing longer.

If I use a an Elite =][=, I just put a Psycannon on him and add him to an IST squad with two Plasma Guns, or put him behind/in a small squad of PAGKs with a couple of Psycannon for a mini"purgation" squad.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm taking a shooty Inuisitor or throw-away inquisitor, then I'll stay with the elites guys. If I want him in cc, I'll take a lord and give him a demon hammer/power weapon, bolt pistol, artificer armor, some kind of psychic power, and some more stuff depending on who I'm playing, what specifically I want him to do, and how many points I have left to spend.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Okay. I was really bored today because my mom wouldn't let me do anything :wacko: And for fun I came up with this-

Inquisitor Lord 265 Points
    Lord-
    Pair Laightning Claws
    Term. Armour
    Bionics
    Emperor's Tarot
    Icon o' The Just
    Psychic Hood
    Holocaust
    Scourging
    Word o' the Emporer
    2x Acolytes (w/ bionics)
    2x Familiars

Take in mind I was uber bored and I wanted something fun to model :w00t:

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

When I do up a lord I go all out and fill the retinue. I think it is 216 points but didn't do the math today and haven't used him in a while.

Lord with Psycannon and auspex
    2 Heavy bolter Servitors
    1 Plasma cannon servitor
    2 sages (re-roll)
    3 Alcolytes w/ bolters
    3 mystics (stop deepstrikers/cheap wounds)
    1 familar (cheap wound)

This allows me to set up in cover and always take the cover save (if you get hit with more then nine wounds it is better to take 15 cover saves and choose to loose your weaklings then to take 3 saves on the 4+ save big guns and have to lose them) This unit is pretty expensive but it allows anything else to walk right up the middle of the playing field because one round of fire from this thing can kill a small squad of marines and nobody wants to leave this thing blazing.

My other set up is to take a normal inquisitor and give him a psycannon, just leave him all by himself and no one can shoot him if he is behind anything and he can take down light vehicles, med-armored troops, and effectively wound high toughness models.

Sometimes when I play for fun I give one an incinerator and throw him in with some Stormies with flamers, then drive around in my mini immolator (2 heavy flamers on a chimera). Not so effective, but I like to flame people sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusGaiusCaesar
    1 PC servitor
    2 HB servitor
    2 sages
    1 mystic
    maybe an acolyte or 2.
    You can't take more than 6 henchmen in an Elite =][= retinue, so 3 servitors, 2 sages and a mystic is your limit

Inquisitors are nowhere near as good as Lords; a lot of people object to the Lord because he HAS to take a retinue, however when you think that the only reason he's there is to take henchmen then you suddenly realise that's not such a big problem. One of the main advantages Lords get is Iron Will; never underestimate how awesome this rule is, especially with the generally poor survivability of =][= henchmen under determined fire. They also get bigger retinues (max 12 as opposed to max 6) meaning more ablative wounds and stats bonuses. They can also be tooled up for pretty much anything; try making an assaulty Elite =][= retinue and you'll see what I mean .

As far as actually tooling up your Lord, it depends what you want to use him for. Here's what I'd give him if I wanted a shooty retinue:

Lord w/ Psycannon and Targeter
    1 PlasCannon Servitor
    2 HBolter Servitors
    2 Sages
    3 Acolytes w/ storm bolters (or combi-g. launchers or plasma guns if SBs are illegal )
    2 Mystics
    2 Familiars

A lot more expensive than a normal =][= shooty squad, but definitely worth it if he's going to be your primary HQ or you've got a few points to spare and don't like ISTs. You're getting all the shootyness of your regular =][= retinue, but you're also getting the ability to nominate squads to target deep-strikers AND reroll misses, plus a few more shots per turn from the Acolytes. You've also got a lot more bodies to chuck if you start taking wounds, and best of all you get to choose whether they fall back or not in any situation This would probably be the all-round most useful retinue for a Lord, the heavy weapons speak for themselves and the plasma cannon is awesome, plus they don't tend to assault too well unless it's daemons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

One thing to remember with a Grey Knight list is that we don't lack in CC ability, but we do lack in ranged firepower. Tooling up an =][= for CC would seem to be a waste, while a 36" ranged good firebase with a reasonable cost can be a great addition.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer
    One thing to remember with a Grey Knight list is that we don't lack in CC ability, but we do lack in ranged firepower. Tooling up an =][= for CC would seem to be a waste, while a 36" ranged good firebase with a reasonable cost can be a great addition.
    yup I agree. I do the

~][~ (not lord)
    Gun serv w/plasam cannon
    2 Gun serv's with H-Bolter
    2 sages(to reroll the plasma cannon when it gets hot)

I think thats 137 points well spent. And if you think about it outside the box it's a 137 point Tank that takes 8 wounds to kill. :shifty:

I don't bother with the mystic cuz no one I ever play deepstrikes.
    I usually dont give my ~][~ anyspecial weapons or armor, just a bolter pistol and CCW.

And for special occations I have a Gun serv with a big beefy mulimelta. I'll swich him in when I need anti tank stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you can go mean by:

Upgrade to a Lord and add 3 Accolytes and give them all art.armour (psycannon with BS5 is optional).
    Remove one hvybolter Servitor.

Now the squad is immune against pinning and fallback and have 6 wounds with 2+ armour (read the mixed armour rule how this applies to this squad).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast