Bikes $ shooting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bikes $ shooting

What exactly should you kit a unit of bikes with i gave them 2 plasma guns and the srg a plasma pistol, and when you shoot can you fire the twin linked bolters and the riders weapon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Torro
    What exactly should you kit a unit of bikes with i gave them 2 plasma guns and the srg a plasma pistol, and when you shoot can you fire the twin linked bolters and the riders weapon?
    You either fire the rider's weapon or the bolters, not both. Personally I would Kit them with melta guns.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Helbrecht
    You either fire the rider's weapon or the bolters, not both. Personally I would Kit them with melta guns.
    I, too was wondering about this. I have just built a squad of 3 bikes and an attack bike. I put the MM on the attack bike. I was thinking of giving two other bikers meltaguns as well. I did not see any written rule that explained if I could shoot the meltaguns at the same time as the TL bolters...
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hi everyone. Pg 53 of the main rules book under Bikes- Shooting.
    Each rider can fire one weapon. So, on an Attack bike, you can shoot the heavy weapon AND the TL bolters.
    But, since bikes have 1 rider, you have to choose between which weapon you want to fire, bolters or the special weapon.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4theEmperor: If youve given the attack bike a Multi-melta, then you're best off giving the squad meltaguns. Since im guess you will use the unit to hunt tanks, your better off not relying solely on a one shot multi-melta. That way you have a very effective anti-tank unit.

With plasmaguns, keep in mind that if you decide to use the weapon, you cannot assault in the same turn. However firing your bikes rapid fire bolters or meltagun still allows you to assault. Hence another reason why meltaguns makes the best weapon to give a bike unit.
    Ultramarines Second Company

W/L/D

1/2/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You shouldnt really ever give plasma to bikes. I mean you run the chance or loosing a 35 point, in some cases even more expensive point model which can really hurt.

The best way to equip a bike squad is probably to have 2 or 3 normal bikers, 2 Meltagun bikerss,Vet Serg with a powerfist and bolt pistol,and then an attached attack bike bearing a heavy bolter.
    That is an awesome squad!

Cheers,
    Tycho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    You shouldnt really ever give plasma to bikes. I mean you run the chance or loosing a 35 point, in some cases even more expensive point model which can really hurt
    Don't forget that if a plasma weapon over heats it ignores one of the main strengths of a biker Toghnress 5. Flamers and Melta guns are a lot safer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just let them keep their bolt pistols and use them for bait, personally. They are hard to kill with that toughness of their's so they can soak up alot of fire before dying. And since they move fast and look flashy, many enemies will actually try and kill em instead of targetting that squad of marines moving down on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by immortalayla
    I just let them keep their bolt pistols and use them for bait, personally. They are hard to kill with that toughness of their's so they can soak up alot of fire before dying. And since they move fast and look flashy, many enemies will actually try and kill em instead of targetting that squad of marines moving down on them.
    That is one expensive bait squad...

+ Reply to Thread