Librarium Online Forums banner

Deathwatch

587 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Helbrecht 
#1 ·
Whats the deal with the deathwatch, are they a playable chapter or not, beacuase they seem really cool, I've also heard that there are plans to come out with a codex for the Ordo Xenos which would probably mean a playable deathwatch force... but I was just wondering If they were at all playable at this moment?

#2 ·
there was a deathwatch ruleset in a White Dwarf, but i do not own the number that it is in, so i don't know. i was told about it, i didn't actually see it. another person could help you, but i cannot help you more than that. if you have any WD's, you should check them, but i doubt you would miss that.

#4 ·
are they just another space marine chapter or do they actually use those awesome kill-teams

#6 ·
Chuffles2 said:
are they just another space marine chapter or do they actually use those awesome kill-teams
You can use a DW kill team as an HQ squad for all imperial armies or upgrade tactical SM squad members to DW members. They won't be a viable stand alone army untill Codex Alien Hunters (Ordo Xenos) is published.

#7 ·
Chuffles2 said:
I've also heard that there are plans to come out with a codex for the Ordo Xenos which would probably mean a playable deathwatch force
Yes, they will most likely bring out the third inquisition codex, but not for a very long while. When they are added, it will likely be after all SM chapters, and maybe even after the existing inquisition codices. I wouldn't wait around for their codex, because it probably won't be out for a few years.

#8 ·
Just some stuff about the Deathwatch in case your interested. The team counts as 1 HQ choice because it is lead by either a captain or codicer. The squad can have as many as nine veterans, recommended two, (although extremely costly) that can be kitted out with all sorts of weapons. They can also have two marines that can carry assault heavy bolters although at reduced range. Also any non-veterans can be given special ammo at additional cost. They can deepstrike or teleport onto the battlefield making them fairly versatile.

That being said they can become very costly with all their extra equipment with my 10 man Deathwatch team costing 370pts. Not the most point efficient squad but definitely cool to use and can sometimes do very well.

There arent any models for them as yet but you can mail order from GW the bolters and shoulder pads that can be added to a regular tactical squad. Or you can do as i did and paint on the inquisition symbol and use bolters added scopes. Looks very good!

Hope that is useful for you.

#9 ·
There arent any models for them as yet but you can mail order from GW the bolters and shoulder pads that can be added to a regular tactical squad. Or you can do as i did and paint on the inquisition symbol and use bolters added scopes. Looks very good!
Actually you can order a five man DW squad from GW. You can also get DW sholder pads from the commander bix set I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.