My Mechanicus Army... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Mechanicus Army...

i have decided to make a adeptus mechanicus army (or something of the likes)

here it is:

I have decided to use the doctines: techpriest engiseers (for obvious reasons) and storm trooper squads (so i can have more of them), grenediers (tech guard) and mechanized (duh...), and chem-inhalers (to represent the fact that tech guard have had the part of their brain that causes fear and irrational thought removed)...an i plan to ally with witch hunters (with an inquisitor, and arco flaggalents, and penitent engines, and maybe some more storm troopers)...and i'll throw in the ood vehicle from both armies...

What do you think?

Thx in advance

W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sounds pritty good but hardened veterans are way better than stormtroopers. have you thought about using them instead of using stormies for your elites choice. they can have an extra speical weapon as well a a heavy weapon. the only downside is that they have the usual crappy save unless you use carapace doctrine.
    Where there's a will there's a weapon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yepp. go for hardened veterans. if you'd completely wanted to stick with the mechanicus theme, you went for bionics. (though i think they suck .... only for fluff reason)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

A note that you can't include allied heavy support, so Witch Hunter vehicles are right out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i were you Omnissiah i would probably take a witchhunter fast attack (possibly a dominion squad) choice as well as some stormtroopers. its also a good idea to put your stormtroopers in a chimera or a rhino. i prefer rhinos as they are very cheap and are excellent for those drive by moments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

The real downer about making a Mechanicus army is that Techpriests (what should be the lynchpin of the force) suck so horrifically. They're truly the most worthless unit in the Guard codex. If you're partial to Witch Hunters, perhaps you might want to make a 'hunters force with some allied Guard? An Inquisitor could represent your Mechanicus Lord, you could get more of the units you want, and then you convert Sisters or some such to represent heavily armed and armored Mechanicus servitors or heavily modified Guardsmen, like the Skitarrii? Might make your list a bit more competitive and fun to play, in addition to giving you some great modeling possibilities.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah its pretty tough to do heavily armoured/high tech IG and win...

You could try but you'll find high tech IG is like a High tech shovel, in the end its still a shovel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one question, are you intending on using any infantry apart from stormtroopers? its just if your not then mechanized its a bit of a waste considering they can use chimeras anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't the combination of witchhunters and adetus mechanicus wrong fluffwise.....

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Microcosm
    isn't the combination of witchhunters and adetus mechanicus wrong fluffwise.....
    It is. The Inquisition and the Adeptus Mechanicus tend to go long lenghts in order to stay out of eachothers afairs.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast