Xeno Mouns and Rough Riders? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xeno Mouns and Rough Riders?

Hey guys, its been a while. Im still working on my thesis so I havent posted much.

Anyhow, I was looking at the GW UK site in the creature feature. I see this Xeno mount doctrine for rough riders. It seems pretty cool. They loose fleet of hoof and attack with WS3 I3 but get S4 and amour of 4+ and still have an extra attack for charging. Check it out on the UK site if you have never seen it before.

My questions are:

Is this a doctrine?

Can you use carapace amour with this and give them a 3+ or would it remain at 4+

Is this even legal rules or are they experimental.

Can this actually be effective?

My IG army now is mostly unpainted at a little over 600 points. Alas, the work life keeps me from painting with the time it takes to paint it to level that I and my buds will find acceptable.

Havok

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no its not a doctrine. Its some special rules that Chapter approved is tossing around but I don't remember them getting a 4+ save as a matter of standard armor.

Even if they do get 4+, carapace would not improve that any further.

Rough riders are the most effective cc the guard has but they're most suicide troops as once they use their Hunting Lances they suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by socprof
    no its not a doctrine. Its some special rules that Chapter approved is tossing around but I don't remember them getting a 4+ save as a matter of standard armor.

Even if they do get 4+, carapace would not improve that any further.
    WRONG!
    Ahem.
    It IS a doctrine, it DOES increase your armour value EVEN if you have carapace (Making Rough Riders 3+) and you DO get an extra attack from the xenos mount.

Please, please, please! Don't post if your only half-assed guessing at it...All you do is cause confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leaves the question open if it's legal to take or if it must be allowed by your opponent as it's Chapter Approved.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

You have to ask for your opponents consent before using them since they are Chapter Approved. However several tournaments allow Chapter Approved rules, but this will vary from tournament to tournament, if you're planning on taking them, contact the people in charge of this tournament and ask them what's their standing on Xenos-mounts.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

+ Reply to Thread