Librarium Online Forums banner

Combat Patrol against TAU I need help

388 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Matej 
#1 ·
Hi!

Next monday, I will figth with a TAU force, in a 400 pints COmbat Patrol mission.
I tried to make som list, with stormtroopers, and GK, but doesn't found a good solutions.

Please help me out.

thx..

#2 ·
Now against the Tau this is pretty cheap, but if you bring a big squad of GKs, and inquisitor (psycannon), and the callidus assassin you can dominate your opponent. First deploy your guys out of sight, and wait. If he has a transport try to force him to give you a shot on the weaker side armor so that your GKs can glance, and your psycannon can penetrate on a five. Next just sit back until the callidus shows up. Once she is around you can either use the AP1 flamer on a whole unit of firewariors and wound on 3s, then assault and hopefullly not wipe out the unit; or you can put it down next to the crisis team and do the same thing wounding on fours. After you intitate the assault bring in the reserves and clean house with storm bolters while you walk to assault range. Just remember that one this only works against the tau, against every other army the callidus needs support to be effective, against the tau she is an army to her self).

#3 ·
Grey knights, psycannons, psy cannons psycannons, one of the guys at my games workshop got creamed by me in exactly 400 points against tau, we had a ''mexican standoff'' :lol: and I won, psycannons are very important, two squads of 5 grey knight or more with 2 psycannons each and an inquisitor with psycannon and your set buddy! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.