Question on Holocaust - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question on Holocaust

I was flipping through the codex today, on a quest for enlightenment on how best to smite the daemon when I was beset with a question.

The Holocaust psychic power is used in the Assault Phase, at Init 1, but unlike say Scourging, it doesn't say that it is used 'instead of' close combat attacks. So my question is this, can a GK hero do his cc attacks at his normal init, and then at Init 1, attempt to use Holocaust?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't say otherwise, so yes, it can be used in addition to other cc attacks. For future reference, please use the search function before asking a question.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For future reference, I did utilize the search function before asking my question, but didn't scour every post with a mention of the word. Of course, after I asked it, the forums were nice enough to pull 2 similiar posts that had the answer as well. At any rate, thanks for the answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Yes, it may be used in combination with regular CC attacks, but it may NOT be used in conjunction with a GK GM's Force Weapon ability - only one psychic power per model per turn. The DH wargear item that allows for multiple powers to be used (Consecrated Scrolls) is Inquisitor/Inquisitor Lord-only, so no way around that rule for a Grandmaster. Therefore, if you want to use Holocaust, then the GM's melee attacks are only S6 power weapon attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the codex does not say no, it is a yes until proven on legal FAQ work, which it hasnt, so yes.
    The gold grey knight man. These are hardy men who like cheese.

Ever thought of how cheese was found?:
    Brother captain
    `` I say sah, the milk in this barrel smells foul!``

Grand master:
    ``Oooohhh, give it a go!``

''Quack, damn you!''
    -Jamie heinamen, Mythbusters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Holocost is an excellent upgrade for Grandmaster, and one of the only ones I might take. It works wonders on anything but MEQs, especially Orks, DE and 'Nids.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the GM's Force Weapon power, that's actually a really good point that I hadn't considered. Of course, I almost never field a GM due to the point cost, plus the fact that the DHs don't have protection against instant death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give Holocaust to your sqau, then you can use the force weapon and holocaustin the same turn(ei. he fails roll only he's effected) (I'm almost positive)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Legion
    Give Holocaust to your sqau, then you can use the force weapon and holocaustin the same turn(ei. he fails roll only he's effected) (I'm almost positive)
    Actually, that's not true. You can only use a single psychic power in a turn, so if you use Holocaust, the GM can't use his NFW as a Force Weapon. It's one or the other.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by number6
    Actually, that's not true. You can only use a single psychic power in a turn, so if you use Holocaust, the GM can't use his NFW as a Force Weapon. It's one or the other.
    I reread the codex and the daemonhunters codex and Its specifically says that a sqaud and hero's psychic power are independent of eachother ei. the GM can use a psychic power and your GM can use one, The sqaud power follows the use described in the codex while the GM's follows normal psychic power rules

"If both a Grey knight hero and his sqaud purchase the holocaust power, they may both use it in a given game turn. The grey knights acts as a conduit for the groups power but can also draw upon his own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast