Rending and Lighting claws - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rending and Lighting claws

Do you think that LCs should be rending? If not then be upgradable to have rending?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love that if it were so. I'd pay extra points per model for rending LCs. In a heartbeat. Would be nice if at least they made that an option for HQs in wargear or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rending is a POWERFUL rule, it shouldn't be given away lightly. People think the Eldar will get it, I disagree, I disagree on the bases of it being such a powerful rule.
    The following was an outstanding repsonce in the Thread "Broodlord and his BS skill"

Quote Originally Posted by PoptartsNinja
    Well, you never know... it might come in handy if he decides to throw a dead Guardsman at someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but would an option for an HQ unit to have something like this be broken? I mean look at Shrike....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

If lightning claws had rending they would be way to expensive and a waste of points. They would allow you to ignore armor saves on sixs to hit(they are power weapons already) and allow you to reroll failed wounds. Why would you give rending to them? I can see you be able to take out creatures with toughness seven and above and thats about it, but a power fist is better suited for that. All your doing is making your chance of wounding better and since they already allow you to reroll wounds it would make them way unbalanced especially if you master crafted them. Plus their points cost would be astronomically high, probably around 60-65 points if they were master crafted. Shrike is the only one with this set up and is really cheesy, his claws are only offset by his lack of an invulnerable save, which makes it fair.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most powerful things about Rending is that you get it on EVERY Genestealer, and the whole model costs less than a pair of lightning claws... Also the fact that rending ignores armour and instantly wounds would negate the power weapon part of the lightning claws.

With Assault Cannons you get four chances to rend from 24" away, and can do massive damage, even against heavily armoured vehicles. If you had the ability of a special character (Librarian - Term honours/Pair of LCs/Might of Heroes) to get 9 rending, no armour save, reroll to wound, attacks...a lot of people would pay for two (or 4 with extra attached ones...!) of those in an army, and dump them in on ANYTHING, which would imbalance the game, from my humble point of view...
    Bolter Blasting Blizzard = Victory

BringerOfStormsGallery

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

I think that would be nice, but is unlikely to happen.

I also think that every Space Marine player does not want "CHEESE!!!!" screamed at them every time they field lightning claws. I certainly don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BringerOfStorms
    If you had the ability of a special character (Librarian - Term honours/Pair of LCs/Might of Heroes) to get 9 rending, no armour save, reroll to wound, attacks...a lot of people would pay for two (or 4 with extra attached ones...!) of those in an army, and dump them in on ANYTHING, which would imbalance the game, from my humble point of view...
    You mean like how a Chaos Daemon Prince is unbalanced? I'm not saying that "Chaos has an uber HQ so should a marine" it's just that I hate seeming some overpowered DP charging the lines and smashing them to pieces and having the chaos player get upset when i say cheese...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rending claws rock that is agreed. nothing is safe from them (monoliths are an exception ok i admit that)
    Shrike is handy as hell but as its been said he lacks a invunrable save which off sets the power he has.
    I do think the marines need a bit more power here and there... its not great whn some giant chaos lord or prince comes along and smashes your marine squads without even breaking into a demonic sweat. anyway back to the point. i dont think lightning claws should be rending as thats way to powerful. can you re roll on your ap value though? coz if thats the case woot

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by C'Tan Pooky
    You mean like how a Chaos Daemon Prince is unbalanced? I'm not saying that "Chaos has an uber HQ so should a marine" it's just that I hate seeming some overpowered DP charging the lines and smashing them to pieces and having the chaos player get upset when i say cheese...
    But since that DP probably comes in at 200pts roughly, and can be picked on by your heavy weapons, is it really that bad?

(And his daemon prince is stuffed in escalation, too )

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast