Need help with mechanized army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Need help with mechanized army

I need help with a paln for my future army. after i buy 4 chimeras i will have

hq squad
    4 infantry squads, mechanized.
    Leman Russ
    Sentail, auto cannon

where should i go for there?
    i'll need more men, so should i get Kasikins or vets?
    i want a indiect fire unti that will cover the army, mortor squads, Demolisher, Bassilic?
    Should i get Hellhound, yes i should.
    What about heavy weapon crews? i got a missleluancher and heavy bolter? should i issue those to LTs, General or VETS?

need your input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

i need Anti armor units. What do you think i should get. lascannon crews, Las-sentials, demolisher, Bassie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The demo isn't the best for a mobile based army becaue of the fact that so often people over upgrade it and then are left with only being able to shoot 1 or 2 weapons because Plasma Cannon sponsons are considered main weapons. Personally Demos are much better in city fight units or armored company units.

I perfer vets as elite choices.

In terms of AT, Sohkar has convinced me of the wisdom of placing all AT inside line squads to help give a buffer. I also like LasCannon Sents as a Form of AT becuase of the scout rule. I also like the flexability they give as a way to engage/tie up enemy troops. Granted they only have a 10 armor but against MEQs with their 4 S that makes them have to roll a 6 or better to hit him. Add in Hardened Fighter to that and the sent makes 3 attacks when it charges.

You can never go wrong with more men even if they happen to be Stormies or grunts.
    Fifth Edition Saved 40k for Me. I love my ratlings and my cover saves!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

should i go with a missle luancher support squad or a lascannon crew? i have one missle crew now, and on unbuilt crew. Should i build and then buy another missle crew, or should i cought up the dough for 3 lascannon teams.

im not giving my infantry platoons haevy weapons, the need to run and gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lascannons would better at anti tank however you can easily give normal guardies missle launchers if you have spare infantry guys. so you could make up two squads of heavy weapons plus the one you already have. if it comes down to picking just one though i would take lascannons for obliterating tanks. puts the fear of god into your opponent
    Where there's a will there's a weapon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

using the mechanized doctrin, you will have to take a chimaera for every unit (not roughriders), so you'd need 7. (1 for the HQ + 2 for the 2 platoon hqs which you've forgotten in your list)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Without using Grenadiers, you can make a Mechanized list with only five Chimeras. One for the Command HQ, one for a platoon Command Squad, two mounted Infantry Squads, and then an Armored Fist Squad. One HQ plus two Troops, five Chimeras total.

Socprof gave you good advice (even though he keeps spelling my damn name wrong :tongue: ). Mechanized lists realistically don't use the Chimeras to move Guard to close quarters to shoot. We're just not effective there. Especially in a Mechanized list where you'll have less troops than usual. Probably the most effective way to run a Mechanized list in my opinion (though Diggum'sHammer has some good insight into it) is to use your line squads just like you normally would. Give them lascannons or missile launchers and plasma guns and have them stand and shoot. The only difference is they have an attached Chimera. The purpose of the Chimeras in such a list is to provide mobile anti-infantry fire support. Your line squads sit still and provide the anti-tank power you need, while the Chimeras, Lemans, and Hellhounds if you have them roll forward to pound the enemy. Its kind of a hybrid Infantry/Armored Company list because of the sheer number of vehicles you'll have. Infantry kill tanks, tanks kill infantry. Both support one another, and its a more aggressive type of list than most people expect from Guard (which I believe is the sort of style you're looking for by pursuing a mechanized list).
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring to his list, where no armoured fist squad nor a platoon hq squat appears.

+ Reply to Thread