DIY Imperial guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIY Imperial guard

Ok, I'm planning a DIY Imperial guard list and was wo dering how other people go about it. So far I've chosen doctrines but that's it. Should I now name the army, choose a paint scheme and then write fluff about the list.

Anyway, what I'm asking is how did you go about making a DIY list.

I'm kind of lost.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I'd write the fluff first then decide on the name and the paint scheme.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is what i am planing for my army.

Title/ name of army: Cadian 1st expeditionary force.
    Paint scheem: Top Secret
    Doctrines: Cadian or *Grenadiers, inderpendent commisars, Light Infantry, Sharpshooters and Storm trooper squads.
    Favriout Tactical Wepeons: Autocannon and Grenade launchers.

*general idea behind the army*: as it is an expeditionary force it is an infantry company, with vehicles to a minimum. The force includes 5 army groups, each army group consists of 3 regiments which include 5000 men each. each regiment has 40 companies which have 125 men each. Each company has a command squad of 5 men, 2 platoons of 35 men each, 3 heavy wepeons sections consisting of 18 men, 20 conscripts and 10 Storm troopers with transport. there will be 2 commisar's roaming the field for traitors.
    = 75000 men

the 1st expeditionary force also comes with an ordanance army group consisting of 5000 Leman Russ Battle tanks, 1000 Leman Russ Demplishers, 500 chimeras, 250 Hellhounds, 50 sentinals and 25 banebaldes.
    =6825 vehicles

the first expeditionary force has a small airforce consisting of 2000 VULTURE GUNSHIPs and 1000 MARAUDER DESTROYERs.
    =3000 craft

the fisrt expeditionary force also comes with a titan force consisting of 5 MARS PATTERN WARHOUND TITANs.
    = 5 titans.

this structure is completly based on my system and has nothing to do with what a traditional cadian army would be like, (ie: cadian 8th). I hope the small army i make from this will work, in fluff, looks and game style.

for reference my company is the first expeditionary force, first army group, first regiment, first company. so on there left shoulder they will have a capital E with a line through it representing 1st expeditionary force. on there right shoulder it will have 111, comand squad will have a C though 111 and first platton will have 111 with 1 line going horizontally thorugh it and 2nd platoon will have 2 horizontal lines. support squads will have a V through 111 and storm troopers will have an upside down V through 111. Conscripts will have 111 with a line above 111. Commisars are commisars.

i hope this gives you some ideas on what you are thinking of putting together... its fun making all this fluff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting that guys, it definitely gave me some great ideas. I can see that both of you are more experienced than I am at this army creating business. I think I'll begin by creating fluff for my army's main commander then expand outward.

By the way, does anyone know any places where I can get some cool models to represent my commander. Not that there is anything wrong with the GW models, I just want something slightly different.

Thanks again for your help

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Elric101
    Thanks for posting that guys, it definitely gave me some great ideas. I can see that both of you are more experienced than I am at this army creating business. I think I'll begin by creating fluff for my army's main commander then expand outward.

By the way, does anyone know any places where I can get some cool models to represent my commander. Not that there is anything wrong with the GW models, I just want something slightly different.

Thanks again for your help
    Well, I don't get stuck into the fluff much myself, I'm more interested in breaking stuff. :ninja: If you're looking for help making your fluff you might want to go talk to some of the members of the Fluff Master's clan.

As for a HQ model, rather than looking for a non GW model I'd just go for some conversion. Finding an outsourced model is kinda hard IMO as they're all either not the right scale or they're of inferior quality.
    Last edited by Triumph Of Man; May 30th, 2006 at 13:52.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the age of 14 i am guessing your not very experienced at this at all. so i recommend that instead of getting different models or converting, just stick with what you have and try and paint them as best as possible. i remeber when i was younger doing this i wanted to paint better than anything. so go for fluff and paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm good at writing stories so i'll create the narrative fluff for my army first, then I might just use some minor conversion and giving it a great paint job.

Again, thanks for all the advice.

I'll post my ideas when they're ready

+ Reply to Thread