a stupid noob question ^^ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a stupid noob question ^^

hi guys.. erm... i have a little question... i got the DaemonHunters codex (woohoo! my first army ) mostly coz of the looks of the models, and coz i like GKT ... i was wondering if the codex is "compatible" with WH 4ed, and if there will be a new one...

thx for the time to reading this question ... i hope to hear the answer

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Basically, the most recent version of any codex is compatible with the current ruleset. So yes, the current DH codex works in 4th edition.

As for a new codex, no. The DH codex is only 2-3 years old, and was made with 4th edition in mind (it came out just before the new edition's release). The codices for Eldar, Orks, Dark Eldar (in theory*), Imperial Guard, Chaos Space Marines, and Necrons are all older than the current DH codex, and three of them are VERY old.

* Dark Eldar, well, are a point of contention. Second or third oldest codex still in use, but GW pulled them from shelves pending a full redesign. This was done a year or two ago, and still no word on them even starting the project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Well, the codex will eventually be updated, but until then yours is fine. I don't expect them to come out with another Malleus codex for a while, since there are so many codexes already out there that desperatly need revamping (eldar, orks, dark eldar, my precious space wolves to name a few).

In another note, Welcome to LO, and best of luck with all your daemon hunting goodness.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thnx guys ... kinda sad to hear that there won't be a new codex soon... but well ^^ .. thx for the welcome .. i love this place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DH (daemonhunters) codex will be around for a VERY long time, the codex might also even be better in WH 4th edition than the third.
    The gold grey knight man. These are hardy men who like cheese.

Ever thought of how cheese was found?:
    Brother captain
    `` I say sah, the milk in this barrel smells foul!``

Grand master:
    ``Oooohhh, give it a go!``

''Quack, damn you!''
    -Jamie heinamen, Mythbusters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

On a hopeful note, the thing to look for might be the Alien hunters Codex. It is possible (I am not sure if it is likely) that when it comes out there could be a FAQ type document that comes with it that says how our army changes to be more like theirs (some of our Equiptment and our assault cannons are out of date in ours, but it never says in ours that we are supposed to use the main Space marine book (like the sapce marine chapters) as a reference guide...hopefully this book will give us something to reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by nichodemus10
    On a hopeful note, the thing to look for might be the Alien hunters Codex. It is possible (I am not sure if it is likely) that when it comes out there could be a FAQ type document that comes with it that says how our army changes to be more like theirs (some of our Equiptment and our assault cannons are out of date in ours, but it never says in ours that we are supposed to use the main Space marine book (like the sapce marine chapters) as a reference guide...hopefully this book will give us something to reference.
    The Ordo Xenos project has been shelved for the time being, according to GW. Not permanently, but they were having trouble with it and the players are pressing for other updates first. So we won't see it before Orks, Eldar, and some of the Chapter books, at the very least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by mEGALOMANIAC
    The Ordo Xenos project has been shelved for the time being, according to GW. Not permanently, but they were having trouble with it and the players are pressing for other updates first. So we won't see it before Orks, Eldar, and some of the Chapter books, at the very least.
    well then I guess hope is gone...so sad...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Faq

Quote Originally Posted by Tezuka
    hi guys.. erm... i have a little question... i got the DaemonHunters codex (woohoo! my first army ) mostly coz of the looks of the models, and coz i like GKT ... i was wondering if the codex is "compatible" with WH 4ed, and if there will be a new one...
    Yes, the Codex is compatible with 4th Edition, but there is a FAQ which highlites a few changes/explanations to Codex for the current version of the rules. That document can be downloaded from the GW site here: http://us.games-workshop.com/errata/errata.htm

Valerian

+ Reply to Thread