Homer question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homer question

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Homer question

A little confused about teleport homers. If I wanna use them for DS units, do I need to have one homer for each DSing unit? For example, if I have, say, three termie units I wanna teleport in, could I, in theory, have them all use the SAME teleport homer, or would I need, say, three SEPARATE homers, held by three separate units?

Also, does a unit have to hold the homer to make it work, or could they, say, drop it off somewhere, and then keep moving, and have my termies drop down on where they left it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    A little confused about teleport homers. If I wanna use them for DS units, do I need to have one homer for each DSing unit? For example, if I have, say, three termie units I wanna teleport in, could I, in theory, have them all use the SAME teleport homer, or would I need, say, three SEPARATE homers, held by three separate units?
    Any teleporting unit arriving via DSing can arrive anywhere on the board. If that locations happens to be within range of the homer, they do not scatter. So multiple units can use the same homer. Or one tactic is to put two or three in separate units to give you better locations to arrive in.

Also, does a unit have to hold the homer to make it work, or could they, say, drop it off somewhere, and then keep moving, and have my termies drop down on where they left it?
    I had this same question. I came to the conclusion that the sergeant or IC that was equipped with the homer is used to measure the distance from. I was planning on modeling some modified backpacks to put on my sergeants to represent the homer. The homer models that come with the Terminator squad do not have to be used. Although I have seen someone use them and treat the base like another model in the squad that just moves and does nothing else. Not sure how fair that was.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the homer must stay within the unit that it was equipped with at the beginning of the game, so no dropping it off somewhere.

EDIT TAKE TWO: Here's the thread where I asked about teleport homers (Teleport Homer Movement?), hope that helps.
    Last edited by magnet_man; June 4th, 2006 at 19:10.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Useful. Thanks!

One more thing, since I'm planning to mess with DH units too -- SM codex confirms what you said, that the teleporting unit only has to be within 6" of the homer (or the model carrying it) to avoid scatter.

HOWEVER, the DH codex says, "If the template used by the teleporting Grey Knights to make a Deep Strike is centred on the model with the homer, then they won't scatter."

Am I missing something here? What template? Aruh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Not exactly sure. Looks like DH Codex is pre 4th ed. I am not to familiar with 3rd ed rules, but I believe DSing units used a large blast template to give the area that they could be distriubuted in upon arival. But I could be wrong. If so, then just ignore that entry and use the 4th ed DS rules.
    Last edited by magnet_man; June 4th, 2006 at 20:39.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

+ Reply to Thread