WH in small games? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WH in small games?

What squads would you guys reccomend for taking in small games. Fairly obviously i want cheapishsquads who will earn their points back and not die too easily. I'm talking about 400-600 points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

I would avoid extensive transport usage for these sized battles. Maybe one at most. Anyways I would try something like serveral squads of on foot sisters to form the basis of your army (possibly three squads of 10) then add a touch of anti-tank by adding one Exorcist. You also should consider having at least one unit which can move fast. Seraphim fit the bill nicely but you could just give on of the sister squads a rhino. With the remainder you can build a HQ or add another squad.

Basically a solid load of infantry with some elements of mobility. Within the army include weaponary which can deal with various foes, eg, meltaguns for tanks and monsterious creatures, flamers for infantry etc.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

Good idea.. I should ditch my 2 winged squads and take 2-3 more squads of pure sisters w/o Rhinos on my next game (1000pt) :shifty:

Today's game vs my chaos friend didnt turn out too well, my seraphim squad ran off the table on turn 1 after getting shot at, failed moral check at Ldr 10.. .. .. .. 2 games in a row (both ran off on turn 1).. :wacko:
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually one a combat patrol tourny with a mechanized army, the list was a palatine with a power weapon, a squad of 5 celestians in an immolator (traveled with the palatine), and a squad of sisters with a flamer and heavy flamer in a rhino, it worked so well because no one had enough anti tank weapons to stop it.
    In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    ~Inquisition credo

He who allows the alien to live,
    shares its crime of existence.
    ~Inquisitor Apollyon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah in small games ya want around 3 battle sister squads with your choice of weps with stock standard vet and a palaitine with jump, power weapon and bolt pistol any extra points should go to the palaitine
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Small games are a crapshoot.

40K was designed for 1500, so if you're going to alter the design by a factor of 300% then you really should modify the Force Org Requirements, and put limits on the armor. Otherwise, the strategy gets sacrificed, and it becomes a game of quartermastering instead of strategy. The 40K in 40 minutes rules are a good example of how to shringk the game gracefully.

That aside, I'd recommend to get one squad of no-vet Celestians in the mix. Point for point, they are better than SOBs+Vet. The 5 point Heavy Bolter Option is also very competitive.

I'd also try to get one squad of 5-7 Seraphim with 2 Hand Flamers + Vet + CCW + Book.
    Flamers that fly and jump back? Incredible value. With the low squad size, you might think twice about attempting to divinely guide the flamers, but a well-placed flamer template still makes a lot of kills, with or without Divine Guidance.

The rest of the points I'd fill out with ISTs or bare-bones SOBs.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

I came up with a list last night while I sleep ~~~~ yep...
    I know this may have gone off-topic a little.. being 400 points more than the topic intended :x

HQ
    Canoness + Blessed Weapon + Jump pack + Cloak of St.Aspira + Book of St.Lucius.. 120

Elite
    Celestian x 5, Multi-melta.. 80

Troop
    Battlesister x 10 + VSS + Eviscerator, 2 x Melta.. 169
    Battlesister x 10 + VSS + Eviscerator, 2 x Melta.. 169
    Battlesister x 10 + VSS + Eviscerator, 1 x Melta, 1 x StormBolter .. 164

Hvy Support
    Exorcist.. 135

Total .. 997

Army list designed to kill MEQ
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x4)

Persoanlly I perfer 1000pts, this way you are limited to what you can buy....I think its a nice challenge when you can't have everything you want in an army, plus it makes a nice relaxing game length.

Ah yeah, your army vs MEQ is probably better if you used divine guidance and flamers. The Exorcist is really all you need against terminators. Consider some fast units with flamers. I would also advise you to not give multimeltas to your squads basically because they have to be standing still for them to be effective. I much prefer meltaguns because you can move and shoot.
    Last edited by Heiromyo; June 7th, 2006 at 16:43.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread