Noob wanting some feedback here. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob wanting some feedback here.

So, this is my plan for my Witchhunter army. Some feedback on it would be super, thanks.

HQ-192 PTS
    -Inquisitor Lord
    -Inferno Pistol
    -Eviscerator
    -Digital Weapons
    -2 Chirurgeons
    -Warrior
    -Crusader
    -2 Penitents
    -Sage
    -3 Acolytes
    -3 Auspex
    -3 Bolt Pistol
    -3 Close Combat
    -Familiar

Elites-523
    -Celestian Squad-183
    -5 Celestians
    -2 Storm Bolters
    -Veteran Superior
    -Storm Bolter
    -Power Armour
    -Immolator
    -Holy Promethium
    -Sisters Repentia Squad-230
    -10 Sisters
    -Mistress
    -Vindicare Assassin-110

Troops-526
    -Battle Sister Squad-167
    -9 Battle Sisters
    -2 Storm Bolters
    -Imagifier
    -Veteran
    -Bolt Pistol
    -Chainsword(close combat weapon)
    -Battle Sisters Squad-159
    -10 Battle Sisters
    -1 Melta Gun
    -1 Heavy Flamer
    -Veteran
    -Bolt Pistol
    -Inq. Stormtroopers-100
    -7 Troops
    -Veteran
    -Power Armour
    -Inq. Stormtroopers-100
    -7 Troops
    -Veteran
    -Power Armour

Fast Attack-304
    -Seraphim Squad-132
    -4 Seraphim
    -Veteran Superior
    -Dominion Squad-172
    -4 Sisters w/flamers
    -Veteran Superior
    -Immolator

Heavy Support-401
    -Exorcist-135(145)
    -Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter
    -2Penitent Engines-160
    -Retributor Squad-140
    -6 Retributors
    -2 Heavy Bolters
    -Veteran Superior
    -Close Combat Weapon
    -Plasma Pistol

Point Total: 1946
    Any Help Spending the rest of my points, and/or comments on planned army are welcome.

Last edited by Deadpool; June 6th, 2006 at 20:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya first off this should be in the armylist section

HQ-192 PTS
    -Inquisitor Lord
    -Inferno Pistol
    -Eviscerator
    -Digital Weapons
    -2 Chirurgeons
    -Warrior
    -Crusader
    -2 Penitents
    -Sage
    -3 Acolytes
    -3 Auspex
    -3 Bolt Pistol
    -3 Close Combat
    -Familiar
    okay drop the inferno pistol they suck, get him a bolt pistol and force weapon or keep the eviserator and give him scourging these combos work best,drop digital weapons and try to give him the libre heresius this item is gold!, lose the pentients use the points to upgrade the warrior to crusader or find more points and give your =][= a psy hood they work much better, acolytes drop the auspexs and give em power armour or at least carapace armour

Elites-523
    -Celestian Squad-183
    -5 Celestians
    -2 Storm Bolters
    -Veteran Superior
    -Storm Bolter
    -Power Armour
    -Immolator
    -Holy Promethium
    -10 Sisters
    -Mistress
    -Vindicare Assassin-110
    okay give your vss power wep and lose the storm bolter change one storm bolter to heavy flamer and maybe secon to normal flamer the reason is these girls are gonna go into cc thats what they are for also why you give them a transport and storm bolters aint gonna help when your 6 inch away wanting to charge, repentia suck pure and simple drop em get arcos instead you will need to get a preist which you had to do anyway if ya want to keep the pentients, vindicare is good callidus is better evesro is best ^_^

Troops-526
    -Battle Sister Squad-167
    -9 Battle Sisters
    -2 Storm Bolters
    -Imagifier
    -Veteran
    -Bolt Pistol
    -10 Battle Sisters
    -1 Melta Gun
    -1 Heavy Flamer
    -Veteran
    -Bolt Pistol
    -Inq. Stormtroopers-100
    -7 Troops
    -Veteran
    -Power Armour
    -Inq. Stormtroopers-100
    -7 Troops
    -Veteran
    -Power Armour
    sisters are good personally i prefer flame but meh.... try to work plasma pistols into there if for nothing else then converting the model can be a *****, drop the ist's seriously sisters are only 1 point more and soo much better!

Fast Attack-304
    -Seraphim Squad-132
    -4 Seraphim
    -Veteran Superior
    -Dominion Squad-172
    -4 Sisters w/flamers
    -Veteran Superior
    -Immolator
    drop the seraphim or find the points to get 2 more equip 2 with hand flamers and the vss with a power weapon , liking the dommy's get holy promethium for immo 1 more sister and a combi-flamer or brazier of flame for vss just in case ^_^

Heavy Support-401
    -Exorcist-135(145)
    -2Penitent Engines-160
    -Retributor Squad-140
    -6 Retributors
    -2 Heavy Bolters
    -Veteran Superior
    -Close Combat Weapon
    -Plasma Pistol
    in your case if you want to keep the pentients then i would drop the rets and get second exorcist drop the storm bolter off the first one in the end all an exorcist is is anti tank and it is very good at it but if it loses the launcher than a storm bolter isn't going to help also usally it attracts alot of truly heavy fire so when it does go it usally goes with a bang and its always better to lose only 135 than 145, if you don't mind losing the pentients then get the second exorcist stil increase the ret squad to 8 get 2 more heavy b's lose the plasma pistol and get an auspex... maybe the book too the ld one

hope this helps
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_00
    okay drop the inferno pistol they suck, get him a bolt pistol and force weapon or keep the eviserator and give him scourging these combos work best,drop digital weapons and try to give him the libre heresius this item is gold!, lose the pentients use the points to upgrade the warrior to crusader or find more points and give your =][= a psy hood they work much better, acolytes drop the auspexs and give em power armour or at least carapace armour
    I agree. Loose the Penitents, and get an extra Sage. I think they are invaluable in shooting. With the other Penitent slot, get another warrior(crusader if you want to go into assault, Gun Servitor if you plan to stay back and shoot). Instead of the penitents, as i stated above, get the Psy Hood. You don't really need the Auspexs. As for Libre Heresius, I don't think you really need it, I prefer the Digital Weapons. 2 Chirugeons, good. Keep them, they may save your Inquisitors 's life.

okay give your vss power wep and lose the storm bolter change one storm bolter to heavy flamer and maybe secon to normal flamer the reason is these girls are gonna go into cc thats what they are for also why you give them a transport and storm bolters aint gonna help when your 6 inch away wanting to charge, repentia suck pure and simple drop em get arcos instead you will need to get a preist which you had to do anyway if ya want to keep the pentients, vindicare is good callidus is better evesro is best

The Eversor is ammazing!(If you already bought the Vindicare, you can ask the oppenent if you can proxy).

sisters are good personally i prefer flame but meh.... try to work plasma pistols into there if for nothing else then converting the model can be a *****, drop the ist's seriously sisters are only 1 point more and soo much better!
    The Inq ST are somewhat good. If you are playing a pointed game, and you are missing about 100 points, you can consder putting them in.(Grenade Launcher is worth getting if you use the Inq ST)

drop the seraphim or find the points to get 2 more equip 2 with hand flamers and the vss with a power weapon , liking the dommy's get holy promethium for immo 1 more sister and a combi-flamer or brazier of flame for vss just in case
    Do NOT drop the Seraphim, but drop the Dominions. Seraphim are AMAZING!!! In my army, they are my EHQKM(Elite HQ Killing Machine), but do get more Seraphim.

in your case if you want to keep the pentients then i would drop the rets and get second exorcist drop the storm bolter off the first one in the end all an exorcist is is anti tank and it is very good at it but if it loses the launcher than a storm bolter isn't going to help also usally it attracts alot of truly heavy fire so when it does go it usally goes with a bang and its always better to lose only 135 than 145, if you don't mind losing the pentients then get the second exorcist stil increase the ret squad to 8 get 2 more heavy b's lose the plasma pistol and get an auspex... maybe the book too the ld one
    DO GET A SECOND EXORCIST!!! anyone with half a mind will kill your Exorcist in the first turn(or try to)(I had it done to me so often I actually got a second one myself) Anyways, good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nahh never stick seraphim against enemy hq's unless they are shooty hq's cus a cc one will rip the seraphim a new a-hole they work best against enemy troops

the second exorcist is a must face it they will do 1 of 3 things either 1 will die but the other will get the job done both will die without doin squat (worse case sen but the amount of fire it takes to do this makes up for the lack of damage anyway) both will go apeshoot and buttrape every unit on the board (best case sen happens about 1 every 7 games especially funny when it happens to guard)
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ-192 PTS
    -Inquisitor Lord
    -Inferno Pistol
    -Eviscerator
    -Digital Weapons
    -2 Chirurgeons
    -Warrior
    -Crusader
    -2 Penitents
    -Sage
    -3 Acolytes
    -3 Auspex
    -3 Bolt Pistol
    -3 Close Combat
    -Familiar
    well the first thing I ask myself when I look at this unit is what do you plan on doing with it? while I have to disagree with plague on the infrno pistols suck (I use them extensively) I do need to say that your inquisitor will never be in range to use it. as such drop it and take a plasma pistol if you really want something similar. digital weapons seem over priced to me. I always have a problem when equiping my army with things like psychic hoods and penitents. if the enemy doesnt have any psychers then I've wasted my points. I'd drop them and take another crusader. as you seem to be focused on HtH with this squad drop the warrior and add yet another crusader. drop the sage. even with the current set up you only have one weapon with range over 12." use the points from the sage to pay for more crusaders or combat servitors. as for the acolytes Im not sure what you immagined these guys doing but they seem pretty ineffectual to me. try giving them a power weapon and carapice armor if possible.

Elites-523
    -Celestian Squad-183
    -5 Celestians
    -2 Storm Bolters
    -Veteran Superior
    -Storm Bolter
    -Power Armour
    -Immolator
    -Holy Promethium
    -10 Sisters
    -Mistress
    -Vindicare Assassin-110
    okay sister repentia suck. while they look good on paper what with the entire squad having the equivalent of power fists they cost too many points and will die before they get to hit back with the expensive weapons they have.

while arcos dont suffer from the same issue some people feel they are over priced as well. I feel that they may have some limited counter striking abilities in a foot slogging or mixed list. I havnt tested this theory though as I dont use them. never the less you may want to spend the points gained from repentia on arcos for a similar feel tot he army.

I prefer the callidus assassin myself for the word in your ear ability. the vindicare assassin I've been told has a hard time earning his points back. he'd probably be much better if he had unlimited uses of his special ammo but he only gets one special shot of each kind per battle.

I have no comment on the celestians squad as I dont use them often enough to really find there nich. they just dont seem to be strongly enough CC oriented or shooty oriented for me to decide how to equip them. I do need to say though that the power armor is redundant. the VSS comes equiped with power armor anyways. I also prefer equiping a power weapon in most of my squads so they dont let me down too badly in CC.

Troops-526
    -Battle Sister Squad-167
    -9 Battle Sisters
    -2 Storm Bolters
    -Imagifier
    -Veteran
    -Bolt Pistol
    -10 Battle Sisters
    -1 Melta Gun
    -1 Heavy Flamer
    -Veteran
    -Bolt Pistol
    -Inq. Stormtroopers-100
    -7 Troops
    -Veteran
    -Power Armour
    -Inq. Stormtroopers-100
    -7 Troops
    -Veteran
    -Power Armour
    as has been said before inquisatorial storm troopers are gay. for only 1 point more you get a better gun and a better save pluse the ability to use acts of faith and add to the faith point total. acts of faith put sisters on par with models twice there point cost if used correctly. one of my favorite setups with a sisters of battle squad is the following.

10 sisters of battle
    VSS upgrade (must have for more faith points and the ability to use faith on the squad)
    power weapon (for CC goodness)
    brazier of holy fire (more CC goodness and an extra one shot flamer)
    2 sisters with flamers
    rhino
    smoke launchers
    extra armor

the purpose of the squad is to drive up to a unit of troops, pop the sisters out, use divine guidance if they have armor of +3 or better, and use the flamers to get as many hits with AP 1 with rapid fire sisters for support.

I've also seen variations that use 2 meltas and possibly an inferno pistol. they pop out of the rhino an ddestroy a vehicle.

another option is to go with 20 sisters and a VSS upgrade and something for CC. they take hits like no other and make your opponent a bit worried at what they might do.

Fast Attack-304
    -Seraphim Squad-132
    -4 Seraphim
    -Veteran Superior
    -Dominion Squad-172
    -4 Sisters w/flamers
    -Veteran Superior
    -Immolator
    I would be worried that the dominion sisters might be a bit of an overkill but thats just me. try them out and see. as for the saraphim squad what is it going to be doing? consider adding some CC upgrades to the VSS. also the special weapons they get decides if your going to use the on rank and file troops or to send them tank hunting. with such a small squad I'd go tank unting with inferno pistols. I have a squad much like this and I just love them. they deep strike next to a tank thats been hanging back and thats been hard to get and take it out. they then move on to the next tank. very nice. and the short range of the inferno pistol is negated by the speed of the saraphim.

Heavy Support-401
    -Exorcist-135(145)
    -2Penitent Engines-160
    -Retributor Squad-140
    -6 Retributors
    -2 Heavy Bolters
    -Veteran Superior
    -Close Combat Weapon
    -Plasma Pistol
    more exorcists and more heavy bolters on your retributers! exorcists are the only long range antitank sisters of battle have really. and if your using retributers you might as well use them like they should. make the enemy fear going in range of them with divine guidance and 12 heavy bolter shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Deadpool: Your format is really really hard to read. Separate each squad so we can figure out where one starts and the other ends.

Since this is your first list, I'll cover some of the basics instead of trying to help you tune this list.

HQ
    1. You need at least one Canoness. Tooled up, they are combat monsters and radiate an unmodifiable LD10.
    2. Inquisitor 101: You need to decide what you want to do with this squad. It can be good at one thing, but don't try to make it do more than that. In a WH army the most effective Inquisitor is a "shooty" Inquisitor. Heavy Bolter Servitors, Chirurgeons and Acolytes make it a tough squad with lots of slots that deploys late.

ELITES
    3. Only take Celestians if you have a mounted Canoness. Alone they really don't have any punch.
    4. Never never never never never buy a Storm Bolter for a Sister. They are the worst points you can spend short of Sarrisas.
    5. Immolators (and transports in general) should only be used in large numbers. A single Immolator is a wreck.
    6. Renpentia (even in Cities of Death) are a terrible terrible unit. They look good, but you might as well just give those points to your opponent.
    7. A Vindicare Assassin isn't the best assassin unless you know you are going up against a daemon bomb army or an army with lots of hidden powerfists. I recommend an Eversor or a Callidus -- both of those are friendly to new players.

TROOPS
    8. Never use Imagifiers. They are pretty models designed for display only.
    9. Meltaguns good. Storm Bolters bad.
    10. Always use even sized squads.
    11. Don't upgrade armor for IST Veteran Sergeants. A 4+ save is fine for them.

FAST
    12. Seraphim are a fantastic unit, especially when you add twin hand-flamers and keep a Canoness (with a jump pack) nearby. Try to make sure the squad is at least 6 in strength (8 is better). I usually upgrade my VSS with a power weapon.
    13. Dominions are too expensive for what you get (a small entangled unit that gets shot to death).

HEAVY
    14. Exorcists are great. Every army should have at least two (three in a 2000pt game). Don't buy any vehicle upgrades for them. They are perfect they way they come.
    15. Pentient Engines just aren't worth the points or the heavy slot. I'd much rather have one Exorcist than two PEs. There is some hope that they will be good in Cities of Death (the extra movement isn't affected by difficult terrain and they have heavy flamers), but I'm not holding my breath.
    16. If you buy a Retributor squad, buy a decent one. You need at least 8 Sisters (4 with Heavy Bolters). Never buy any upgrade on a VSS except a Book of St Lucius (and they are a MUST have).

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing the final list!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Very good points Mkerr, but I would dare to differ regarding the SBs. They, in my opinion, are good choices for a larger , non-Rhino squad of Sisters moving on foot across a larger board. With three of them a possibility (VSS) you can move and still fire 6 bolter shots 2 feet away. At least you are firing something...

+ Reply to Thread