Book of St.Lucius & Seraphim - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Book of St.Lucius & Seraphim

Erm.. I've been reading alot of these battle reports/army list and I find almost all of them have a Book equipped on Troop squad or Seraphim squad whose Ldr is only 8 or 9..

Correct me if I am wrong.. the book says Unmodified Ldr test, that means even if you are being outnumbered you dont get the minus modifier when checking moral? but the codex states, Any friendly unit with a model within 6".., doesnt that mean OTHER squad? or can the bearer's own squad benefit from the book itself? Same question goes to Seraphim's Angelic Visage, do they get the +1 Ldr bonus themself?

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Take the rules to the book completely literally.

Each Book creates a happly little bubble.

- If any part of any friendly squad, "x" touches any part of the happy bubble, then PRESTO:
    all of squad "x" may use the Unmodified Ld of the Bearer of the Book.

- Squad "x" can be any friendly squad as far as I'm concerned, but there might be a GW intention to limit its effects to "Adepta Sorritas only", but I'm content to let it inspire Guardsmen.

- Unfortunately, the friendly effects of Seraphim Angelic Visage can not be used in conjunction with the book. The book, by its definition, excludes all modifiers, friendly or unfriendly.

- Say Celestians are standing near a Squad of Seraphim. THe CElestians don't have to use the book. The Celestians may choose to use Angelic VIsage to add +1 to their Ld for any Ld test, but if the Celestians using Visage, they can't be simultaneously use the book and thus may not ignore negative modifiers.

- As far as I'm concerned, you "may" choose to use or not to use the book at will in all cases. The use of the word "may" in the description of the Book gives license to choose.

- The reason I use the Book on the Seraphim VSS is because of CC modifiers. My Seraphim usually all die in CC for me. (It's a good thing). I don't count on them to score. Even just a single Seraphim VSS running around with an Eviscerator is a significant problem for the enemy. The Book keeps her in the game to the last.

- One question that nobody can settle is if the Book vs Pariah/Culexus. If the Book is within the radius of effect of the Pariah/Culexus, which gets the overide, book or monster? It is a deadlock. Neither side can clearly overcome. You'll just have to D6 that particular situation.

But
    - IF a friendly squad is within the radius of BOTH the Monster and the Book, and IF the Book itself is NOT within range of the Monster, then the friendly squad may use the Unmodified Ld of the bearer of the Book.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by nekochen
    Same question goes to Seraphim's Angelic Visage, do they get the +1 Ldr bonus themself?
    I think that this situation is explained in the codex, and it says that they get the modifier from ANOTHER squad of Seraphims, but do not modify their own Ld value...

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

WH Dex p35 says other units of Seraphim don't get the bonus. Makes sense... if they are Seraphim themselves, how would another unit of the same type inspire them?
    Last edited by SentryKiller; June 10th, 2006 at 19:17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford981
    How can an entire army of intolerant, homicidal female pyromaniacs not be fun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokWawelski
    I think that this situation is explained in the codex, and it says that they get the modifier from ANOTHER squad of Seraphims, but do not modify their own Ld value...
    Actually, they DONT get the modifier from another squad of Seraphim because they are Seraphims already.. that is why I am wondering if the Seraphim's own +1 Ldr bonus affect themselves (themselves =/= other squad.. but .. themselves.. :tongue: )
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I don't think they inspire themselves... if they did, usually GW would include that bonus in the profile already. I would say "no".
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford981
    How can an entire army of intolerant, homicidal female pyromaniacs not be fun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel
    - One question that nobody can settle is if the Book vs Pariah/Culexus. If the Book is within the radius of effect of the Pariah/Culexus, which gets the overide, book or monster? It is a deadlock. Neither side can clearly overcome. You'll just have to D6 that particular situation.
    To me, saying a model's Ld "counts as X" makes it a modified Ld. It's no longer the unit's base Ld. It's not an incremental modifier, but it is a capping modifier. So the Book of St. Lucius would still override it to use the bearer's original, unmodifed Ld. That's how I'd play it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by SentryKiller
    WH Dex p35 says other units of Seraphim don't get the bonus. Makes sense... if they are Seraphim themselves, how would another unit of the same type inspire them?

You are correct - my bad! Only other AS units get it... so No-Go for allies, Inducties or IST..
    Last edited by SmokWawelski; June 14th, 2006 at 05:17.

+ Reply to Thread