Hit & Run - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit & Run

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Hit & Run

Me and my friend encountered this problem while playing.. his chaos raptor vs my seraphims.. who gets the Hit & Run at the end of the assault phase? local GW staff told us (half jokingly) who ever yell out 'HIT AND RUN' first at the end of counting combat resolve gets to do Hit & Run.. we dont agree, what do you guys think?

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

A few ways to resolve it:

A) Both can. You'd still have to decide who makes their direction choice first, however.

Who's ever turn it is can make the choice first, then the other player may if s/he passed on it.

C) Bring the Irresistible Force versus Immovable Object rule into play. Basically, you just roll a D6 every turn to see who gets the chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no if both units have hit and run then both units can use it they just don't go in the same direction (duh!)
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

or if you have any issues with that you could just flip a coin or roll a dice to resolve the situation :/
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

This is a really cool circumstance that I never thought of.

The move is simultaneous, so I agree that both sides are allowed to make the move.

I see no reason to say they can't move in the same direction.

If both of the Jumping Back squads should coincidentally "land" on the same spot, just displace both squads 1" away from each other (similar to a deepstriking squad scattering into another friendly squad during the drop). Since this is not a warp move, models landing on enemy models would not be destroyed.

I don't think this should be handled with "I said it first" method.
    (GW personel are the last people I take advice from these days)

EDIT- On choosing/disclosing direction:
    I don't think the move coudl be used to give chase. If both sides declare the move, then both sides should simultaneously point in the direction they want to move. YOu can't wait to see where the other guy is headed, then decide where you want to go. The moves are simultaneous.
    Last edited by Red Zinfandel; June 12th, 2006 at 17:32.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel
    EDIT- On choosing/disclosing direction:
    I don't think the move coudl be used to give chase. If both sides declare the move, then both sides should simultaneously point in the direction they want to move. YOu can't wait to see where the other guy is headed, then decide where you want to go. The moves are simultaneous.
    sound advice as always from the red-man

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel
    I don't think this should be handled with "I said it first" method.
    (GW personel are the last people I take advice from these days)
    :yes: they really are absolute morons.
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by crucial
    ...they really are absolute morons.
    No no no no, you can't expect anyone to have all the answeres to all the GW related questions, there is sooo much to know (although I kind of expect RedZ to be close ). Even most players don't have a complete grasp of their own codex untill they play a lot of games with their chosen army.... Besides, sometimes the kids come over with no understanding of rules at all and keep popping most basic questions with every move - even a saint would get cynical from time to time
    Last edited by SmokWawelski; June 15th, 2006 at 17:11.

+ Reply to Thread