dreadfull questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dreadfull questions

Hello,

Im making the move from IG to SM and love the big shooters- of course why I played guard- but its time for a change and had some questions about the space marines Dreads. Not things that make space marines feel bad, just the old guys in the walking coffins.
    Dreads- you could field 3 (E) and take a “trait? to field 3 more (HS).
    1) What is the most you can field?
    2) Are the VER-Dreads worth it?
    3) Are the mortis dreads worth it? Is this specific for a chapter? I did not see the rules for fielding this in the book (mind you I got it yesterday, so im going through it)
    4) Would you normally allow a siege dread in a game? I like the idea of a dread with an inferno cannon- one of my favorite IG weapons.
    5) Is there a way to field only dreads? I know sounds crazy but I like the idea of a SM Mecha force-
    6) Allies, is there a way to take deamond hunters and SM allies with both dreads present? Not necessarily battle smart, I just want to know if it’s possible.
    7) Who really uses a tech priest? I the traits section I see where you can field one as the general? I don’t see this as really smart but there has to be some kind of tactic to it with the ability to take so much armor.

Thanks

Starscream-x

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

1. Unless your the space wolves, the most any marine army can field is six.
    2. Depending on the loudout and who your going up against determines the value of venerable really. Like any choice it has the potential to be great or a flop.
    3. Mortis dreds are available to the Dark Angels only.
    4. If you have the correct model and rules then why not? Some tournies won't let you but nothing should stop you in friendly games...
    5. Technically there is a way, either by using the seven dred space wolf army or using the intered in a dreadnought upgrade the US Medusa players get to use. In both cases you only get seven/eight dreds and will not be filling any troops or fast attack slots.
    6. No, unfortunately. Unless of course when it says that you can't have grey knights in a DH list with marine allies that restriction does not apply to grey knight dreds.
    7. Iron hands players often do, the scions of mars being one of their traits and their original rules allowing them to use a tech-father (better techpriest) as an HQ.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by starscream-x
    Hello,

Im making the move from IG to SM and love the big shooters- of course why I played guard- but its time for a change and had some questions about the space marines Dreads. Not things that make space marines feel bad, just the old guys in the walking coffins.
    Dreads- you could field 3 (E) and take a “trait” to field 3 more (HS).
    1) What is the most you can field?
    2) Are the VER-Dreads worth it?
    3) Are the mortis dreads worth it? Is this specific for a chapter? I did not see the rules for fielding this in the book (mind you I got it yesterday, so im going through it)
    4) Would you normally allow a siege dread in a game? I like the idea of a dread with an inferno cannon- one of my favorite IG weapons.
    5) Is there a way to field only dreads? I know sounds crazy but I like the idea of a SM Mecha force-
    6) Allies, is there a way to take deamond hunters and SM allies with both dreads present? Not necessarily battle smart, I just want to know if it’s possible.
    7) Who really uses a tech priest? I the traits section I see where you can field one as the general? I don’t see this as really smart but there has to be some kind of tactic to it with the ability to take so much armor.

Thanks

Starscream-x
    *You can field up to 6 from the normal Codex, 3 being Venerable Dreadnaughts. If you're Space Wolves you can take ONE as an HQ Choice, making it 7.
    *Venerable Dreads are worth it mostly, but be mindful.
    *Mortis Dreads? Are you Dark Angels?
    *Not legally in any official game, but at home you can have what you dan well please!
    *No. You need a minimum of 2 troops and 1 HQ.
    *Nope, not possible.
    *I do. TechMARINES are quite powerful. I use one as a mobile firebase and repair pit. Try using 3 artillery tanks and stationing them right next to him. You'll see why he's useful.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by starscream-x
    Nope, sorry. If you have a Daemonhunters list, you can't have Grey Knight and inducted Space Marines together. If you have a Space Marine list with allied Daemonhunters, you can't bring in any DH Heavy Support choices at all, including the GK Dreadnought.

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    6. No, unfortunately. Unless of course when it says that you can't have grey knights in a DH list with marine allies that restriction does not apply to grey knight dreds.
    Actually no, the restriction doesn't apply to GK vehicles. But of course, you must have a GK Hero in order to field any GK vehicles, and a GK Hero definitely counts as a Grey Knight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well looks like the other guys answered most of your questions so I will just post you a pic of my Mortis Dread with an Inferno Cannon.... I just play friendly games so I have not had any objections. Good luck! BoS
    Bolter Blasting Blizzard = Victory

BringerOfStormsGallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

Darkreever, How is it that a SW player can field 7 dreads? They can field 3 as elites(from SM's) and 1 as an HQ. Where do they get the rest, they don't get traits so they can't have them HS, where else can they get them?
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Would ya look at that, the seocnd ancient codex I have with a misprint in it...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Space wolves dont have traits, they can only field 4, however they can take 2 venerable, one from codex space wolves, the other from codex space marines.

+ Reply to Thread