Kaskrin Conversion Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kaskrin Conversion Idea

I'd like to say that I'm not an imperial guard player, but since seeing Jin Roh I've always wanted to convert a kasrkin squad into the Jin Roh special forces troops.

here's a few images of the Jin Roh special forces:

They're fairly similar, it's just going to be detail work on the body, most of which I feel can be completed with the paint job and some green stuff.

I'd need to fix:
    Face mask
    Shoulder pads
    breast plates (I'll probably just use paint)
    Thigh armour plates
    Backpack

and the biggest thing is the weapons.

mind you, this wouldn't necessarily be needed for play, and I'd like to use weapon designs as close to the Jin Roh designs as possible. This includes the long barrel autocannon/heavy bolter.

so I was wondering if you IG players had any ideas for (mainly the weapons and armour) parts to substitue in to get as close as possible to the real deal. also, if you had any suggestions on how to work the other conversions that are needed.

thank you in advanced.

/edit
    I would also like to do a variety of normal weapons for them, like shotguns, assult rifles, pistols, etc...

Last edited by FolkenFanel; June 15th, 2006 at 11:31.
    Donuts anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Well, Kasrkin will be pretty hard to convert, seeing as they're all metal, though if your'e good with greenstuff I suppose you could start of with the plastic ones combined with some Necromunda autoguns... though the heavy stubber from the Guard vehicle accessory sprue resebles the gun the trooper in the picture has a bit.

However, instead of using Kasrkin, I'd suggest you use the Steel Legion storm trooper models who in my opinion look closer to the picture. (Image linked to the Uk online store entry for these guys)

#lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of the major pieces that I'd like to have as close as possible is the helmet, which I think is probably the most outstanding feature of the special forces. That's why I picked kasrkin.

if the normal storm troopers are plastic, I may use those (of course agreeing with plastic is much easier to model). The helmets though of the Armoured fist are very close to those of Jin Roh, so I could replace with them and some green stuff.

I looked on the GW website and I couldn't find the pieces for the Armoured fist unit though, any idea where to purchase them?
    Donuts anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An armoured fist unit is jsut men with a transport, so there is no set for them. Instead buy the steel legionnares as suggested.

I have to ask, why does his gun look exactly like a WW2 MG42? It has the same clip and everything, where these during WW2? If you want the gun, just hunt around for some WW2 Whermacht miniatures, I am sure at least one with have an MG42 in his hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by flakdragon
    I have to ask, why does his gun look exactly like a WW2 MG42? It has the same clip and everything, where these during WW2? If you want the gun, just hunt around for some WW2 Whermacht miniatures, I am sure at least one with have an MG42 in his hand.
    I thought that one was bizarre as well..

That said, MG42 is still used today in an updated form.. it was an extremely advanced and well built gun at the time.

I hate to tell you this, but you're not going to get a good conversion here using plastic models, there are no plastic models which look remotely like this.

My advice.. buy the steel legion stormtroopers, a file and a load of green stuff and prepare to spend several million years filing. I know, I tried to build overwatch elites from halflife 2 from those models. :tongue:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by flakdragon
    Thats because Jin Roh is set in post world war 2 japan and is a sort of "what if" history about how japan deals with mass riots and attacks by setting up a elite police force called the Jin Roh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, now it all makes sense. As for the conversion, this one is gonna be hard, maybe the new death korps from forgeworld will be easier? You may have to wait on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice on the gun.

I'm really surprised they haven't made plastic stormtroopers/kasrkin/steel legion models yet.

and yes it was steel legion I ment, it's just that the codex labeled them as "Armoured Fist". The sergent's helemet in the picture looks really close to that of Jin-Roh's. (odd that a non guard player owns the guard codex)

I could run a head wap between the steel legion and the kasrkin/storm trooper models...
    Donuts anyone?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

It might be easier to start out at Cadian level and green stuff your way up.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking the legs from Tau Firewarriors could be used. The feet would have to go and you'd have to add the armor, but the cloth looks real close to the pictures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast