...........thinking............ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...........thinking............

i was thinking of starting a witch hunters army and was wanting some advice. im not planning on spending over $160. i play a tau army so if you could , tell me what to choose to kill kill kill!

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

This is the order I would be shopping in if on a limited budget:

$80 - Two boxes of Sisters are a must.
    $10 (20) - Canoness - maybe even two.
    $40 - Seraphims - at least one box.
    $10 each - Special weapon blisters for heavy flamers (if you already own Rhinos to make them workable) and storm bolters, meltaguns.

It might be hard to build an army for $160 after all...

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

please use the search option first... there are TONS of posts like these.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorris200987
    im not planning on spending over $160.
    if you're looking for a $ efficient army... then sisters are not exactly that but basically you need 2 boxes of troops, a canoness, codex (duh) and a box of seraphim to start.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Wow. A hundred and Sixty Dollars for a 40K army?
    You really should be asking, "What are the best ways to save money, period?"

- Don't buy a Cannoness model for now. Just paint a normal Sister in reverse color scheme, and/or use a lot of white on her garments, and use gold trim on her armor. Don't worry about the jump pack for now. If you really want one, buy a Seraphim Jump Pack and use mighty magnets.

- Buy everything off e-bay. Models with a crappy paint job go cheapest. Soak them in "Simple Green" (cleaner) overnight to and brush with a toothbrushto get the paint off.

- For previously painted Rhinos, just spray-paint over them.

- Dicipline yourself to never drive over 60 MPH.
    Your gas mileage peaks at 35MPH, and slowly gets worse as you go faster, but it really gets bad over 60 MPH. :w00t:
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Really? 35MPH? I was told that the best economy is achieved when driving at the slowest "comfortable" RPMs at the highest gear (for those you drive a stick). But I also take care not to go over 60 unless really necessary :yes:

Used models = cheap (car-grade paint remover also works)
    eBay = cheap
    The Warstore = 20% OFF = cheap
    Stay away from GW = early retirement :w00t:
    Last edited by SmokWawelski; June 17th, 2006 at 02:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

35-50 might be pretty close. Most sweet spots are probably somewhere in there.
    That number will not change by much because of wind resistance. As you go faster, the wind resistance is greater and it adds more drag. There's nothing to offset this drag effect which only increaces with more speed.

The efficiency curve really begins to fall quickly when youi're over 55 MPH.
    Last edited by Red Zinfandel; June 16th, 2006 at 23:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel
    Wow. A hundred and Sixty Dollars for a 40K army?
    You really should be asking, "What are the best ways to save money, period?"

- Don't buy a Cannoness model for now. Just paint a normal Sister in reverse color scheme, and/or use a lot of white on her garments, and use gold trim on her armor. Don't worry about the jump pack for now. If you really want one, buy a Seraphim Jump Pack and use mighty magnets.

- Buy everything off e-bay. Models with a crappy paint job go cheapest. Soak them in "Simple Green" (cleaner) overnight to and brush with a toothbrushto get the paint off.

- For previously painted Rhinos, just spray-paint over them.

- Dicipline yourself to never drive over 60 MPH.
    Your gas mileage peaks at 35MPH, and slowly gets worse as you go faster, but it really gets bad over 60 MPH. :w00t:
    Laqour thinner cleans the best on metal minis. Brake fluid does okay on plastic minis as well. If you find someone selling a old not-so-good painted army...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I've used paint thinner and brake fluid.
    Simple Green was superior in result.
    Check for yourself.

Furthermore, there are potential hazards with paint thinner and brake fluid, which Simple Green does not have. Brake fluid is poisonous to your skin, and paint thinner (not sure about laquer thinner) will melt plastic bases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

:rolleyes: Hey, my main army is Tau, and I too, spent over $250.. (um.. 3 box of sisters @$45 ea., repentia box $45, Immolator $55, Whirlwind $55, plus 6 heavy weapon sister $14 each model).. woah.. I just realized that's more than 250 :x But hey, I dont buy them all at once.. just buy stuff once every month.. or if you have the bling-bling you could go for more :shifty:

In my bad experience.. I like canoness the best, and if you are planning to play in a local store... dont they require you have to proper model represented plus painted to play? Besides Canoness, my second favorites are a bunch of Seraphims with Eviscerator (zoom-zoom) :rolleyes:

Umm-hmm... I just recently found this website (and since I live in Ontario/Canada), I am thinking of buying from them from now on. 30% off on all models *oh i havent purchased anything from them yet, nor have i visted their store (too far).. i dont know if i should trust them for a large purchase over the net*
    Last edited by nekochen; June 17th, 2006 at 07:50.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I'm surprised that they can set up their web that way... I thought all online shops were not allowed to place a shopping catalog online to choose from, or they broke some kind of agreement with GW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford981
    How can an entire army of intolerant, homicidal female pyromaniacs not be fun?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast