red scorpions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: red scorpions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

red scorpions

who are theses guys (red scorpions), what diferentiates them from other space marines chapters, how do they play,

sorry, but im trying to start a marine army and i want to know whether the FW book with the red scorpions in is worth getting so if somone with the book could help me out that would be great

just as a quick side questions do people think its likley that the deathwatch will be getting vehicals (personaly i would say defonatly not, maybe rhinos at a stretch but then again i would have said that GK should not have been given vehicals since they always teleport down to battle but they got throwen in to pad out the book/stop them having to think up new units so im thinking its likley that the deathwatch will get the same generic-ififying treatment)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Red scorpions are the uys forgeworld made to go with their new campaign. They're for sale at forge world. There was a huge speculation that GW would do Red Scorpions instead of Blood angels, but as I said, that was just speculation. The only guys doing stuff with RSs are forge world.

I should note that the RS terminator captain is a pretty cool model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Hey ghoul, I've got the IA:4 book, and I can tell you it is very cool... definately worth getting. Please hear me out before you rush out to get it though; I'm not sure its what your looking for.

The book does indeed include "rules" for the red scorpions, but only so far as to detail which traits they have. The rest of the information on the Red Scorpions is all fluff related (i.e. there are no "new" rules per say, just info on how to play the chapter using the vanilla marines codex with traits). The layout of the Red Scorpion section rather reminds me of the way Index Astartes provided information on SM chapters.

For the most part, the IA:4 book details the happenings on the plant Beta Anphelion 4, talking about a series of events that took place on the planet. Then it has some rules for tyranid creatures, some new guard vehicle/emplacement rules and other rules reguarding IG and the Inquisition. After this comes the fluff for the Red Scorpions, with their suggested traits and diagrams of chapter paint schemes etc.

So, the book is very good - if you are looking for a good 40K fluff work with some extra rules thrown in. However, if you are looking for a new codex for the Red Scorpions then you will be dissapointed.

Regarding the Deathwatch; the Ordo Xenos may have a codex in the future, and vehicles for the chapter will likely be detailed in there if anywhere. There is a thread on it somewhere, use the search option and have a look for it.

Hope this helps.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok cool, thanks for that, was just wondering if it was like that droptroop list forgeworld came out with in the previous book, still think i will get the book, even if its mostly stories about bug hunting

i dont think i will do a red scorpion list though mostaly becasue FW just put up some pictures of painted red scorpions an i dident think much of the colour scheme, though i think what ever i do i'll be using those helmets there just to damn cool

[edit: i swore i searched before, i guess i mush have spelled it wrong cos it came up with nothing ... ahwell]

+ Reply to Thread