Armored Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Armored Company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am starting a small (1000pts-1500pts) armor company and I have some ideas but any input would be nice

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

"Even the bravest cannot fight past their strenght." -Homer

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A "small" armoured company?! The very essence of armour is to be the thundering juggernaught of firepower rolling across the battlefield. Actually I have had much luck with a 1500 point army focusing on using infantry as a blocking force and the armoured vehicles as the major point-getters. Since I play as Death Korps of Krieg this puts my inf. at an advantage while tying up superior forces lomg enough for the tanks to manuever into position or artillary to zero-in the enemy on guess-range wepons. My biggest recommendation is to be flexable and be able to swap-out certain elements of your force depending on who you play. For instance; Vs.'nids you focus on sheer amount of dice rolled and save the big gins for the stronger units. When fighting SM (or chaos) the armour piercing value against troops and the long range ability to knock-out their transports at a distance is a factor. The one thing you really have to be ready for is being mobile enough to avoid infiltrators/deapstrike units and still bring the necessary firepower to bare. So use a Laser Destroyer Tank Hunter it's really good, Demolishers are a must against SM(orChaos), Basalisk don't necessarily need the indirect fire capability so use the points on a closed crew compartment. Avoid storm bolters except when playing armies it's especially effective against; i.e. 'nids, IG, orks(sometimes) and low armoured eldar and Tau. Save as many points as you can, every point can contribute to buying another armoured vehicle. Also keep in mind that players fear armoured companies (except chaos and Iyanden Eldar) more armour may contribute to a greater chance of your opponent avoiding getting in your line-of-fire, this is were artillary comes in(Bassy, Griffon, Medusa, ect.). And Finally don't use Manticore, Hellhounds or other odd near useless items. Oh, and, Baneblades are good.
    *Fart* "Keep talking sir, we'll find you!"

Closed Thread