Makeing up Special Charcter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Member Master Falcon Deathwalker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makeing up Special Charcter

Hi all

I was wondering can you make up your own spacial caracter because it unfair to the chapters that dont get one i mean the ultramrines get 3.
    we need to make up a set of rules that stop you from going crazy and making all his states 10. ect.
    i think it can be done but i need your help help me make a sensible rules system for special charecter makeing.

Thanks for any help.

Remmember sencible rules.

A WISE MAN LEARNS FROM THE DEATHS OF OTHERS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok ill think of a few first then we will build from their.

1. Your special character (must) be based on for eg. a masters stats and may pay 10pts for an extra wound and 5pts for anything else. (your commanders strength may not exeed 4 as well as his Wounds and his Ws & Bs may not exeed 5.
    Note: You have 3 state points whitch you can add you may not edit more then 3 states and only edit them with your 3 state points.

2. Your character can take special weapons say a special rocket luncher with 2 tubes and thus fire 2 missiles each turn. but you must ceep it within reason.

3. You must have your opponents permision to use your Special caracter and he has the right to check his states ect.

4. All equipment must be shown on the model special or not.

If you can think of any more post them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious as to what chapter you are.. that might help get things started.:yes: I know I was able to help <E!_Mance> into creating his own Emperors champion for a chapter other then the BT so hopefully I can be of some help to you... just some background on your chapter would be useful thanks.
    To the darkness I bring fire. To the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I will visit naught but death and eternal damnation on those who refuse them.

Chaplain Grimaldus, Hero of Helsreach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play the mighty Tyranid hunters the Angels of ultra who curently live 10 light years into tyrnid held space so their is absolutly no recored of them so i get to make it all up their master is Alessio diaz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a suggestion (as I work on some characters) may I suggest you look at your codexs (dont know which ones you have) and try changing some of the special characters around a bit such as abilities etc.
    To the darkness I bring fire. To the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I will visit naught but death and eternal damnation on those who refuse them.

Chaplain Grimaldus, Hero of Helsreach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok Draco of the Black templars is a special character, but he is simple a castellan (captain to all those "codex" chapters) with some added wargear but he is still very cool.

so if you want instead of making a special character with extra wounds and so on, just do what they did for Draco and make your character a captain with some cool wargear and some fluff. a character dosen have to be uber powerful.

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

How about a points system?
    You start with 3.

As you said, it must be based on an existing character type.
    ABILITIES AND POWERS
    You may exchange ONE power for another.
    If it's about the same strength, it costs 0.5 points. If it's more powerful, it costs 1 point.
    To give another power, it costs 1 point.
    To give another GOOD power, it costs 2 points (Iron will, whatever that particular inquisitor has, etc).
    ITEMS
    Items may not act like a powerfist without the initiative penalty.
    You may take an existing item from your Codex or a Codex THAT YOUR TEAM CAN ALLY WITH (no eldar taking Necron stuff).
    The first one is free, after that it costs 0.5 each.
    Taking an unfairly powerful weapon (Assault cannon) takes 2 points. If you weaken it it takes only 1.

The pts cost is worked out at the largest pts cost of each of his components, then you take 10 for compositing them.

Marneus Calgar would take 4.

EXAMPLE:
    LACHLAN DANAAN
    pts - 215, BS-5, WS-5, S-4(6), T-4, I-5, W-3, A-3(4), Ld-10, Sv-2+.
    Based on Master of Sanctity

Terminator Armour, Sentinel's Bane (Nemesis power weapon), Chapter Banner, Etherium, Bionics, Rosarius, Caladbolg (Master-crafted Gets hot! Lascannon).
    Items cost - 1.5 editing points

Honour of the Chapter - Fearless. STANDARD
    Rites of Battle - (Commander) all allies have my Ld. TRADED
    Soulless - (Culexus) all units within 12" have Ld 7 at best. ADDED
    Powers cost - 1.5 editing points.

Weakness. He's only as tough as a terminator Chaplain anyway. One well-placed shot will kill him in one go.

Extra notes: The Power weapon was upgraded from the Crozius Arcanum, thus costs less than it usually would by 5 pts. This is the case with all items unless they cost 5pts or less already.

There is a classing system to these editing levels.
    *Up to 1pts used - Light.
    *Up to 2pts used - Medium.
    *Up to 3 pts used - Heavy.

Light units are like a Terminator Commander who can lead an Assault Termie sqaud as his command sqaud. Nothing major, it's an easily feasable character who wouldn't affect the battle that much.

Medium units are like a Mighty warrior with an Assault Cannon and is fearless. These guys start to really stand out and will be a significant addition to the game.

Heavy units are unfairly powerful, like Danaan. Their very prescence on the battlefield will tip the scales in their favour.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's what me and my friends go by anyway. We've battled on with these guys and it's not done that much to us. The game ends just as quick and they don't rip the game apart much at all (having a deathwing-esque army would do more damage than Lachlan in a normal one).
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Here's a character I've been working on, I thought I'd post it for some feedback
    (I started with the mini, then worked on the rules)

Epistolary Iskander

Code:
    Profile	 Pts/Model	WS	BS	S	T	Wo	I	A	Ld	Sv
    Iskander    185		5	5	4	4	3	5	4	10	2+
    Special Character - Epistolary Iskander is a special Character, and may be used in an
    Ebon Hand army of 1500 points or more as an HQ choice. You may not select any additional
    items from the Armoury.

Equipment
    Epistolary Iskander wears Terminator Armour (extra attack included in profile) decorated
    with Purity Seals and fitted with a Psychic Hood. He is armed with Iskander's Spear and a
    Storm Shield.

Special Rules
    Independant Character - Iskander is an Independant Character

Psychic Hood - Allows Iskander to nullify Psychic Attacks by opponent. See Codex for
    details (p24 CM)

Psychic Powers - Iskander can use the psychic powers Might of Heroes, and
    Veil of Time. Only one psychic power can be used per turn as ususal.

Iskander's Spear - Iskander's Spear is a Master Crafted Force weapon, with a built-in
    Bolter. If the built-in Bolter is fired during the Shooting Phase, then Iskander's Blade
    cannot be used as a force weapon (only as a power weapon) in the same turn. (Note that
    only the force weapon counts as being master crafted)

Command Squad - Iskander may lead a Terminator Command squad chosen as
    normal from the army list.

He's not especially powerful, he's basically just an Epistolary, with a unique weapon, that itself isn't very powerful. To top it all off, he costs the same as Marneus Calgar, which isn't cheap, but not outrageous either.
    I just need to fill out his background, I have the basic framework, but that's all it is.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Nice. Very nice.

I have another special Character which uses my rule system (the one I always go by).

Fluff wise, there is only 1 Librarian in the force I field. So I've made him into a sort of special character.

Magus Librarian Joshuah.
    Pts-161pts, WS-5, BS-5, S-4, T-4, I-6, W-2, A-5, Ld-10, Sv-3+.
    Equipment: Bolter, Janntan, Iron Halo, Psychic hood, Familiar, Terminator Honours.
    All stat bonuses from wargear are included in Joshuah's profile.

Special Character: Joshuah is a special Character. He may be included in any Liberty's Vanguard army of more than 750pts. His use denies the use of the Sons of Liberty. He must be used exactly as written below.

Janntan: Janntan is a master-crafted Force sword.

Psychic Powers: Joshuah may choose to use either Fury of the Ancients or Fear of the Darkness as his psychic power.

Stalwart Leader: Joshuah may choose up to 60pts of additional wargear, this includes master-crafting his Bolter. No existing Equipment may be overriden apart from master-crafting.

Trusted by his Brothers: Joshuah commands the following skills: Counter-attack; Furious Assault; True Grit (bonus included in profile). He may also start attached to any non-vehicle squad he desires, including Techmarines.

Working on three more.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

+ Reply to Thread