In need of help with Sisters Repentia... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In need of help with Sisters Repentia...

Yes, I DO know they aren't a good choice for a novice player BUT I got distracted by the models :rofl: And they were a prestent off my boyfriend so I could hardly say no XD

Anyway. I clipped filed the models to perfection only to stop and think 'Hold on a tic, what colour undercoat?'
    I was thinking black like the rest of my army, but with so much bare flesh on show maybe white would be better. Being the typical me, I fretted over it (Yes, sad I know XP) untill I just decided to ask some other players. So, what do you think?

And also, I'm having a friendly painting competition with my boyfrind shortly. I'm painting Celestine, he's painting Brother Captain Stern. Not quite the same, but I reckon I'll give him a chance :tongue:
    So really, any tips for her too? ^_^

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty wasting my time. Guilty." - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I did my R from black primer, but I really do everything from black. Seemed to look OK at the end, but I bet people will say to use white as a base...
    Last edited by SmokWawelski; June 21st, 2006 at 14:11.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

It all really depends on how you want your models to look.

A small lesson in color mixing:

Using the white as an undercoat would give your models skin a pale look, like fair maiden pale. The white emphasizes the lighter aspects of the paint, thus the paleness.

Using the black as an undercoat will give the models a darker, more natural skin tone, such as slightly tanned or not as pale. The dark color emphasizes the darker parts of the flesh paint.

prpbably to get the best results is to use a light brown base, to get the best of both worlds.

Does that help?
    Last edited by Adrian MalSeraph; June 21st, 2006 at 05:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does actually. I'll probably end up going with a white. I like the idea of fair maidenly pale for some reason. ^_^
    Thanks
    "There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty wasting my time. Guilty." - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_of_Death
    I like the idea of fair maidenly pale for some reason. ^_^
    Thanks
    Yes, I guess not a lot of sun goes past the power armor :w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from a fluff point of veiw the pale skin is the way to go cus as already stated (albeit half heartedly) sisters don't get out ot the armour long enouh to acquire a tan even repentia don't survive long enough to darken their skin (unless ordered to charge through a sewer ^_^)

as for celestine definately white she is a saint so needs to look almoes ereathral with white and gold as her prmary collours (think depicted angels of old and your on the right track)
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably do mine Repentia black (oooh wait, I think they are already undercoated - can't remember, will have to look when I get home). Anywho, I'll probably lay down a layer of white on the skin areas to lighten it up before starting the skin layers...

But good tips! My fiance hasn't put my Celestine together yet, so I may ask him to base her in white instead of black...

This of course precludes the far less important decision of what the heck colors to paint my girls...=P

Boy, there's an idea...burgundy and warm gray with silver highlights? What do you think? The reason why I'm having a hard time is that while I love the standard color schemes for Sisters (black, red, gold, silver), Rick wants his Chaos army the same colors, so 1) I want my army to look different and 2) I don't want to get sick of painting the same damn colors for 4000pts of armies.

So, any color ideas y'all can throw at me, feel free!
    Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister, Go Sister

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

The forces of light (SO against the forces of darkness (Chaos). Go with light/gold colors
    I am thinking of doing my third Canoness (can't get enough of that model) with bone-like armor, black cape and white fur, with white/gold gear...

With Celestine, I'd say prime black - there is very little of skin showking, whereas golden armor will be easier to do from black primer I think... Unless you want very light, shiny gold :shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to undercoat Celestine black anyway, maybe paint a bit of white on the few area of skin showing that she has white before starting on her skin. But yes ^^ Thanx all. Hopefully I can win this little competition *Muhahahahahaha*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just started Witch Hunters, and if i decided to get Sister Repentias (which i'm not sure about, i guess they might be ok in Cityfight with lots of cover around) i'd go for this paint scheme;

Gimps. Black leather, with white stitching. You know it would work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast