Having trouble with Death Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having trouble with Death Company

Can some one please help me understand how you receive the number of Death Company members per game. I've read through the codex and saw the 3D6 +3 to come up with the number, but is the most you can have the total number of marines or what is the limiting factor. I know this is a really newb question, but for some reason i haven't been able to find the answer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

If you kept rolling 6's on your squads, you could conveivably have your whole army turn to the death company, but this ignores the practical issue that no1 ever brings that many death company models and if you can't represent them, they're lost. The biggest limiting factor is dice rolls and number of models you have.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Haha! No, you don't roll 3D6 + 3. That would be brutal.:sleep:

You roll a D3 and add 3. That means that you roll a single D6 and divide your score by two, rounding up any fractions. So, that means that 1 and 2 = 1 3 and 4 = 2 and 5 and 6 = 3. Add 3 to your roll, and that is how many Death Company models you get (if you have a Chaplain).

After that, you roll for each infantry unit in your army (Tactical Squads, Scouts, BA Scouts, Assault Marines, Terminators, Assault Terminators, Devastators, Veterans, Veteran Assault Squads, Honour Guard, Bike Squads, Attack Bikes and the like). On a 4+, one of the models joins the Death Company. On a 6, a model joins the Death Company, and you roll again for the same unit. When a model joins the Death Company, you remove it from the Squad and place another Death Company model with your Chaplain (if you have one).

Note: If you take a Veteran Sergeant from a squad, he loses any wargear he might have had, but he does have the option to take either a power weapon or a power fist for free.

The only limiting factor are the dice rolls and the number of Death Company models that you have, really. Have fun kickin' arse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for the help guys. as you can see, i was really confused

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to make it known, the Blood Angel codex says nothing about Attack Bike Squadrons.
    Some folks just down know this so don't screw yourself by rolling DC for them. :wacko:

+ Reply to Thread