special weapon squads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

special weapon squads

i was wondering who all uses special weapon squads and how they equip them. obviously the demo charge is probably the best option, but i was also thinking of drop trooping a squad w/ no special weapons but equipped with meltabombs. i mean, who's gonna shoot 6 guardsmen equipped with lasguns? he probably will not know they are carrying meltabombs so then next turn they can go blow up some armour!

2000pts Orks 4-2-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One demo charge. Give the squad laspistols and close combat weapons, and one man a demo charge. That is a lethal combonation, and they can even charge after moving and firing an ordanance weapon!
    "When one man dies it is a tragedy. When thousands die its a statistic."
    -Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use veterans. better BS and they can take 3 special weapons too (but no democharge) AND they have a minimum of 5 models so you don't have to take a six model squad which is probably going to be killed anyway thus you'r not paying for a useless model.

and (i don't have the dex right here) i think they are less expensive.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring
    i was wondering who all uses special weapon squads and how they equip them. obviously the demo charge is probably the best option, but i was also thinking of drop trooping a squad w/ no special weapons but equipped with meltabombs. i mean, who's gonna shoot 6 guardsmen equipped with lasguns? he probably will not know they are carrying meltabombs so then next turn they can go blow up some armour!
    Keep in mind that's a one trick pony.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

What Triumph is saying is that a squad of Melta-bombers is good against other IG, or anything else with lots of tanks...But try DSing them into a Tyranid Army:cry:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Well your special weapons squads are great for drop poding into battle, give them a demo charge, and some special weapons depending on what you want them to do. I wouldn't bother giving them melta bombs since when you deep strike them in, they will always be shot at because your opponent will know they have something they can hurt, and you didn't just drop 60 points worth of models in to do nothing but shoot lasgun rounds. Plus it's easy points since they will be close to your opponents models they will rapid fire at them and kill them off easily.

So make sure they have a demo charge and some special weapons, they drop in shoot, and die, if they somehow manage to live another turn, either your extremely lucky, or your opponent let them live.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi
    What Triumph is saying is that a squad of Melta-bombers is good against other IG, or anything else with lots of tanks...But try DSing them into a Tyranid Army:cry:
    Actually, I was more stabbing at you shouldn't expect you're opponent to fall for the Oh-don't-shoot-me-I've-only-got-pathetic-lasguns trick more than once.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SW squads varry between three flamers and three ccw and laspistols, or three snipers and three lasguns a squad. The flamers are mainly when I am going all out and throwing every guardsman I have at the grinder, and the snipers are there for pinning goodness. :yes:
    I'll be damned before the soldiers of the Emperor are just left to rot!
    Last words of Colonel Densit from the Rahaxin 19th

"DISS NOT THE EMPEROR'S POINTED STICK, HERETIC!"

If it doesn't work with the Emperor. Then it's been officially Karmooned!!!

BEWARE THE POWER OF THE LIGHT-BRIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Special Weapons

I use my special weapons squads to pop tanks, so I give the squad either 2 meltaguns & 1 demo charge, or 3 meltaguns. I drop them in, right next to tanks, and they usually do great, getting back their points value. I give 3 melta guns, if I'm expecting heavier stuff, like leman russ, land raider, or monoliths, but I'll take 2 & a demo if there's lighter vehicles, because my deep strike doesn't always land within the 6 inches needed for the demo.

Also, I give them sharpshooters, so their chances of hitting increase, because they usually have only one chance, as they are normally wiped out the next turn.
    MacGyver = Crushing Victory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

144 (x3)

The 2-melta/demo or 3-melta arrangement is a great way to go for Special Weapon Squads. Sharp Shooters, however, isn't even remotely efficient enough to be worth using. Since you'd statistically have to fire 12 melta shots before you'd get one additional hit from Sharp Shooters, that's really ten points you could spend elsewhere.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast