Tatics for imperial fists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tatics for imperial fists

I've just started collecting imperial fists and i was wonderin the best way to use them.
    My 1000pt list is basicly:
    hq- chaplain in termi armour
    el- venrable dred + extra armour
    tr- 4x( 5 marines+plasma gun+hv bolter) & 2x(5 scouts+4 snipers+missle)
    hv- 8 man devistator squad+3 missle+lascannon.
    The way i thought i thought i would use this is to keep all marines back and the scouts startin a bit in front. What do you think?? any advice on the list or how to use them would be nice thnx...

Dnt judge my judgments plz
    Its not my fault, blame some other guy
    www.myspace.com/ike36

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

The missile launchers don't really belong with the snipers, you're mixing roles, you'd do better with heavy bolters. The marine squads could use more meat shields and you're anti-armor looks like it depends too much on devies. other than that, the army doesn't look half bad.

Scouts snipers are best used in a supporting role rather than being next to the enemy because of their high point cost and poor armor.
    Last edited by Mastershake; June 23rd, 2006 at 17:42.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like the missle with the Scouts. A lot of guys say to not mix things, but frankly I've had lots of success with it. Battles rarely end up entirely shooty or entirely assaulty. The 2 scout squads are a threat now to both vehicles and armored infantry, which means they can serve as a distraction for your better units, or actually do some hurt on their own. At 10pts the launcher is cheap for what it does and I can almost gurantee you it will make back its points.

Venerable on the dread is nice, but in a 1000pt game could probably use those points elsewhere. Like beefing up one of the squads to provide come more cushion in CC with your chappy, which will happen in most fights. But looks good.

EDIT - I'd probably get rid of the Termi armor on the Chaplain. Usually I think its a great buy, but then thats when I place them with a Terminator Squad. If you want to get him an extra attack just give him a bolt pistol and Terminator Honors, now he has 5 attacks instead of the 4 on your list, which will be more effective if he has a squad around him. That minus the Venerable on your Dread should let you put 2 more marines in the squad your Chappy leads, or slap a powerfist on a Sgt. in the same squad.
    Last edited by slamfu; June 23rd, 2006 at 20:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the termi armour on the chaplain cause i wanted him with a 2+ save and the extra attack sooo....
    I chose the scouts with missle's cause like slamfu said it alowes them to take out unites and if needs be, a tank.
    The ven on my dred is there because, i like dreds, but don't trust armour.
    Still think i should change these things??????
    Anyway thnx.
    Dnt judge my judgments plz
    Its not my fault, blame some other guy
    www.myspace.com/ike36

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

The problem lies that the sniper rifles are 20 pts and you're keeping them from being used when you fire a 15 pt missile launcher at a tank. It works better to either drop the snipers for bolters or drop the missile for a heavy bolter. It works better if you have dedicated sqauds engage tanks and leave the snipers free too harass and pin infantry.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

+ Reply to Thread