What happened to the griffen? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    9 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x3)

What happened to the griffen?

I've gotten back into 40K after being gone a while and was looking through the IG codex.

I couldn't help but notice the griffen has gone missing. However I noticed it in the armor company PDF in the IG articles thread here. However it doesn't give the rules for the heavy morter(presumably the same) and seems to imply you can only take it if you're using an armored company.

Is this true? Is the griffen dead to vanilla IG armies?

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

144 (x3)

Its still usable but they excluded it from the latest codex for space reasons. The Griffon isn't very popular as the Basilisk overshadows it. Imperial Armour has addressed the issue somewhat by giving the Griffon access to several variant shells with different effects that help a bit. However it and the Exterminator were omitted from the codex, though as you noted they rectified it by keeping the stats on GW's site.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

+ Reply to Thread