Advice on planes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -33 (x0)

Advice on planes

so im planning on adding a plane to my imperial guard force and i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what place to choose and which ones are most affective... thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Lightning- Efficient anti-armor, less useful against infantry

Thunderbolt- All-around beast with four linked auto cannon shots and a linked lascannon shot and the potential to carry bombs can pretty much handle anything

Vulture- flexible and can be used in any role with it's different hardpoint options

Marauder- Too huge to really use, but if you do, the standard version can carpet bomb your opponents into oblivion and the destroyer has ridiculous amounts of firepower.

This is of course assuming your opponents allow you to use them. They aren't legal in most tournaments.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Also:

Valkyrie - carries a smaller payload than the Vulture, but can transport a squad of infantry. This can come in very handy if you need to get those kasrkin to the other side of the table/quickly to an objective etc.

If you looking for an aircraft that can take all comers, I'd suggest the Vulture, as it is highly customisable to be effective against different types of target (swarms beware, here I come with 4 rocket pods!). If you magnetise the weapons pylons then you can swap out different weapons loads for different opponents.

Hope this helps.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

+ Reply to Thread