Thinking of starting. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of starting.

I tough of starting Space Marines as my third army but with traits and I think I would like to try those traits:

Cleanse And Purify(sp)
    Honor Your Wargear

I wanted a cheap HQ maybe a independant character

I wanted to have 6 10 man tactical squads and 6 10 man devestator squads and the lone leader of the army.

I'd like it to be 3000 points in the end.

TheEndIsNear

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Your Tacs can be your plasma monkeys. With the cost to convert the Las to the 2nd Plas being only 5 more pts than the 1st one's cost, you can easily accomodate in your pt limit. Now, Plasma is a VERY efficient infantry killer, and rapid firing 4 shots of the stuff will ruin anybodies day. With anti-infantry in mind, I say only give your vet sarge (if you decide to take one) a power sword, not a fist as the initiative will be much appreciated when killing the things. Just for comparison, my Tacs with Frags and 10 men (fisted sarge) costs me 230pts a squad. Yours with frags & 10 men will cost 210pts. If I can field 4 of mine with no troubles in a moderate army then you should be able to.
    >>>Now to work on your anti-armour aspect warriors.<<<
    Devs being Elites should generally not use Plasma. The cannons are just as powerful as the rifles but fire a blast radius, once, if you don't move. Focus on either extreme long or short range. A 4 Lascannon 5 man squad with Tank Hunters will eat up the tanks like a hastily prepared breakfast. To take the enemy's mind off of them, why not use a 4 Multi-melta 10 man Dev squad with Infiltrate right nearby. The second should porbably used in a pair for panic purposes. The elites out of the way, the HS Devs need to avoid multi-meltas and go for 3 lascannons in 8 man squads.
    >>>Don't forget the HQ<<<
    You should invest in a Commander. His Ld value will be very helpful for your devs should they want to shoot anything but the closest tank.
    >>>Tactica explained<<<
    Rhino rush your Tacs. Don't worry, the Infiltrating and long-reaching Devs will limit enemy attack channels. Only Infantry would be a feasible choice to get close to the Rush, which gets met with the few insta-kill no save attacks from the Devs and a hail of 6-8 plasma rifle shots.
    Then Drop pod a Plas & Meltagun Tac squad behind enemy lines and create havoc. This will eventually flush out the enemy armour right into your devs.

Will this suffice?
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...

I tough of taking all missile launchers in devastator with tank hunter on the elite ones and put em in the back off the deployment zone and for my tact squads maybe 2 meltas or 2 plasmas for anti terminator....

TheEndIsNear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

You could do that. It would be very powerful too. Just put the Devs at the front so you can shoot a lot more of the map.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And one more thing I tough of my HQ and maybe UI should have this setup for... something different:

Leader: Bike, Artifier armour, Admantine Mantlet, Terminator Honours, Chain Fist. this makes him a fast unit and very resilient I want to use him as an anti-Balistick, Whirlwind, Defiler...

Any toughs...

*Braces against all the "Do not put on IC's weapons that make you go last" *

TheEndIsNear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

You'll prolly want at least a power sword on this guy as well. You can go at normal initiative instead of always using the chain fist and you'll get an extra attack for having two close combat weapons. The Adamantine Mantle is pretty expensive, you sure you're gonna need something like that?
    Last edited by Mastershake; June 26th, 2006 at 13:55.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Sorry man, only Terminators can use Chainfists.
    But go with the mantle, being on a bike, he'd get a lot of attention. If he's shot at by a lascannon (pretty much the only imperial weapon that can possibly destroy him at minimum safe distance) he won't die in a stupid spectacle. And yes, he is tough...
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kinda happy I can't take chainfist becasue I wanted a Thunder hammer a first but then i realised the Chainfist is a better anti vehiecle(sp) but I really wanted a Thunder Hammer cause of the look... and the stun affect really helps againts artilery cause they can't shoot next turn...

TheEndIsNear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Thunder Hammer on a Bike would really work a treat against vehicles.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GOOD cause I wanna use it against them maybe after use him as a anti MC

LOL when I typed MC i accendly put X so it made MXC lol you know the show...
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You can see i'm 13...

TheEndIsNear

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast