Two NOOB Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Two NOOB Questions

Hey guys,

Sorry but I have to ask these.

1.) With a Squad of Guards you can convert two men into one heavy weapons team, how does this team work? are they indepedent or do they have to go with the team (slowing them down, as if they shoot the team cant move)???

2.) Now can a leman russ shoot it's assault cannon at units behind places you cant see through? Like a solid wall. The reason I ask is because it could reach them if the ordinance blast scatters there, so why couldnt it aim there? At the moment we play that I have to guess the range if I cant see (6" or more of bush or behind a wall etc)

Thanks for the help guys, trying to work every out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.) With a Squad of Guards you can convert two men into one heavy weapons team, how does this team work? are they indepedent or do they have to go with the team (slowing them down, as if they shoot the team cant move)???

They do act as part of the squad, and count as the 9th and 10th members. If you move with any (even a single) of the members then the whole unit counts as moving.

2.) Now can a leman russ shoot it's assault cannon at units behind places you cant see through? Like a solid wall. The reason I ask is because it could reach them if the ordinance blast scatters there, so why couldnt it aim there? At the moment we play that I have to guess the range if I cant see (6" or more of bush or behind a wall etc)

Just a minor point but I believe it's Battle Cannon and not Assult Cannon. But no matter. No, you would not be able to shoot over walls or any other pieces of terrain/really large models that would obscure your L.O.S. (line of sight.) Think of it not as "lobbing" shells across the battlefield, but rather acting like a, well tank, and instead aiming and shooting more or less straight. Nor can you shoot at a wall and hope that it scatters into an enemy unit hiding behind the wall. The battle cannon doesn't count as a barrage weapon so as far as I know if you want to shoot it must be at a unit you can actually see from the LR's point of view.

If you want something that can lobs shells out of L.O.S. then a Basilisk or a Gryphon might be what you're looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,

[1.) With a Squad of Guards you can convert two men into one heavy weapons team, how does this team work? are they indepedent or do they have to go with the team (slowing them down, as if they shoot the team cant move)???]

The weapons crews are a part of the squad and not independant. If the squad moves they can't fire the heavy weapon. however, the loader can still fire his lasgun. Because of this I tend to attach heavt weapons squads to my command platoons (HQ choice- I use two). This keeps my infantry mobile and allows my heavy weapons to support them.

[2.) Now can a leman russ shoot it's assault cannon at units behind places you cant see through? Like a solid wall. The reason I ask is because it could reach them if the ordinance blast scatters there, so why couldnt it aim there? At the moment we play that I have to guess the range if I cant see (6" or more of bush or behind a wall etc)]

I'm thinking you mean battle cannon, in which case it must have line of sight on a target - unless its through area terrain. The only exceptions are weapons with the indirect fire rule such as an upgraded basilisk. The scattering represents blind chance, shrapnel, the wall in question falling on the troops behind after being shelled etc etc.

Hope thats some help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about the second one before you ask it. Now, your a tank commander, driving a Leman Russ, whta you believe is the great tank fo the Imperium (which it is). A wall is in front of you. Do you know what is on the other side of the wall? Are you aware of that infantry unit a few meters away? You are only human, and seeing through a wall is of course impossible. Also, if you shoot through the wall, the shell may lose impact from going through the wall. Not as effective too.

Now your a basilisk commander, and you aim the gun up high. You have no idea what is out there, but someone jsut chimed in with some coordinates, and you know where to fire, because they would call in artillery and tell them where the enemy is, not tanks.

Makes sense, sorry if I sound mean about it, just putting it into perspective.

+ Reply to Thread