a question of faith... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a question of faith...

after reading the codex entry about who can use acts of faith.. i am a bit confused to part of it....
    it says... " any unit with the adepta soritas rule, joined by or includes a character with teh faithful rule"
    it also says that if the faithful model is removed the squad no longer counts as faithful..
    my question is if a veteran superior dies does that count as the squad no longer being faithful? i always thought the squad remained faithful because the veterean was always part of the squad but reading over it again im not so sure.. can anyone clear this up for me? and secondly with martyrdom do i get the point when the veteran superior is killed or when the whole squad is wiped out..
    thanx in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Yes. If the Superior is removed from a standard battle Sisters/retributor/dominion squad, then the squad no longer is faithful.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Though why you'd choose to remove the VSS absolutely mystifies me.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i wouldnt but some enemies can choose what they can target in the squad..... and does teh whoel squad have to die to get the faith point from martydom or just the veteran?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just the vet
    In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    ~Inquisition credo

He who allows the alien to live,
    shares its crime of existence.
    ~Inquisitor Apollyon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Removing the Vet from a Battle/Ret/Dom squad to get the extra Faith point is a practice known as 'Kennying', from South Park. It's not all that common as generally the Sisters need their VSS's too much to sacrifice them this way, and the enemy will generally do his best to keep you supplied with Faith points anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Removing the Vet from a Battle/Ret/Dom squad to get the extra Faith point is a practice known as 'Kennying', from South Park. It's not all that common as generally the Sisters need their VSS's too much to sacrifice them this way, and the enemy will generally do his best to keep you supplied with Faith points anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your codex clearly states how a unit is/isn't/becomes faithful.
    Squads that is faithful on it's own need to be obliterated to give back their point,
    as faithful characters.

To remove the vet can be a good deal if a squad have lost it's value on the table,
    or lost it's numbers for using acts of faith. It's a possibility that can give you an advantage
    in more important situations, and should be considered.
    "And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuard
    Your codex clearly states how a unit is/isn't/becomes faithful.
    The word "clear" is probably the most overused term in 40K rules discussions.
    Lots of 40K rules are less than clear. I disagree with admonishing the person making the inquiry.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel
    The word "clear" is probably the most overused term in 40K rules discussions.
    Lots of 40K rules are less than clear. I disagree with admonishing the person making the inquiry.
    Everything is relative =)
    I think it's clear when I read it (although it might have taken a few tries). No admonishing intended, just a tip for General Gee!! is to look it over a few times.
    There are little "Faithful"-headers in bold under each Sister-unit that maybe not Clearly explains everything, but at least makes it Clearer in combination with readin p 18.

As i said in my previous answer, theese rules will tell you wether your squad or your character is the thing that is faithfull, and by that telling you what gives martyrdom.

Ex 1: A Celestian squad is faithfull by itself, and therefore the whole squad need to be gone for you to get a faithpoint back.

Ex 2: A Veteran Sister Superior makes a regular SoB Troop Faithfull (since it's included), but if the Vet no longer is alive the squad looses it's Faithfullness unless another Faithfull charachter (like a Canoness) is attached.
    So you have the choice to take the martyrdom point by removing the Vet, but then lose the Faith, or saving the Vet for last and keep the Faith (but not get the martyr point).
    Last edited by Fuard; June 28th, 2006 at 16:27.
    "And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped"

+ Reply to Thread