secondary HQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: secondary HQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

secondary HQ

Since I am playing Blood Angels, I am almost always going to take a chappy, but I was wondering what should I take as a secondary HQ in the larger games? Another chappy, or a Sanguinary priest, or a Librarian, or a commander, or none at all? Please advise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Another Chappy. 3+D3 extra DC and another chappy in the same squad means about 12 DC and 2 chappies plus a whole lot of power weapons. And the whole squad only costs about 400 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel1990
    Another Chappy. 3+D3 extra DC and another chappy in the same squad means about 12 DC and 2 chappies plus a whole lot of power weapons. And the whole squad only costs about 400 pts.
    it all depends on the point cost for the army. i personally wouldnt do a second Chap unlass playing a 2500 point game. if your doing anything less, go for the SHP. and HG. with the special rules for him you can pretty much go all plasma for this squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Librarian, a perfect support character for all situations without having to spend lots of point on him since he's just support. His power to add to a normal assault, and the force weapon for annoying multi-wound characters.
    "Thousand Sons! Fight in the Emperor's name!"

W/D/L
    DA :8/5/7 Eldar:3/3/5 1KSons:3/1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Libby, or Tycho would add some variation to your army...

(Honestly, how many BA armies do you actually see him in any more, disregarding the fact that he's dead..)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would only take a second chaplain. I always take two HQ choices in a 1500 or higher game and since you're BA I would take it b/c he is the master of assault in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While on the subject of HQs, when, where, and how do I use the death mask and the grail items. They seem to really have no use to me , so I don't use them. Could some one tell me what these actually do, and when to use them?:wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

It depends:

For the hell bent on winning, another chappy, which contrarty to the above will put the base cost of the unit around 450 points, is probably the best solution

Great for the terminally powergame but hardly fluffy and rather puts all your eggs in one large basket (can you say ordinance?)

All other HQs are viable, the libby being perhaps the most productive but then the most expensive, think carefull before you get an honour guard, your first HQ will have taken about 220 points, honour guard are absurdly expensive if you fall into the toys for the boys trap (jump packs, termie honours and power weapons)
    The best alternative is to attach your second HQ to an assault squad, cheaper and as effective as most other assault armies

But I would not venture into the 2 HQ area at less than 2000 points, the DC will already have left you with a reduced number of points for troops, these will be further leached by DC rolls at the start of the game, you need to keep your numbers up, particularly since the other options for BA lists (BA scouts, Veteran assault squads, Baal Peds and LSTS) are so attractive
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread