Wolf Guard Leader model ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wolf Guard Leader model ?

Hey all,

I got a couple of Grey hunter packs the other day (1 which will be used, the other for when I expand my army) and as many obviously know, you get 10 of them.

What I was wondering is if I can use the 1 guy without a helmet on as a Wolf Guard Leader to use with my blood Claws, or will I actually have to buy a couple of Wolf Guard models ?

Also, why can't GW make a sprue with just Power Fists on, I will need a fair few and it looks like I'm going to have to buy CCW Sprue or Space Wolves accesories sprue, tsk!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

you can make any model you choose a wolf guard, though I would suggest moddeling him differently so as to show that he isn't just another blood claw. Maybe by giving him the nifty cape on the space wolf sprue.

As for the powerfist question (or complaint rather) I'd say the best way to go is just to loot as many different things as you can. Find friends who don't need them, buy bits of e-bay or loot them from other models.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

You can indeed use any model as a WGL. But of course it's nice to give that model some extra bits, especially a Wolf Pelt does the job of setting him apart perfectly. The 'leaders' of my packs are basically the most wolved-up models in the pack.
    If you plan on using those models as WGLs regularly you could even give them seperate shoulder pads (black and yellow are traditionally the WG colours).

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

+ Reply to Thread