The Land Raider Prometheus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Land Raider Prometheus

I was looking at the Land Raider Prometheus in the Forge World issue and I had some quesitons about it that I hope you guys can answer.

First off, is it practical? I play an army that does use reserves, at least two drop pods and a squad of Teleporting termies, so the rerolling the reserve roll is a very attractive ability right off the bat. As well, it has a rather low model count by design so I'm thinking the presence of a Land Raider will divert enough attention from my other models so that I can get them placed where they need to be with less risk. Add to the fact that the ammount of Heavy Bolter firepower it's able to put out is stagering even against MEQ armies is something that I find inticing. Lastly, it would provide a way to get my Termies (Particularily my Assault Termies) into battle without using Teleport homers and relying on Deepstriking them, though it's not my first choice as DSing along with the pods is my preference.

Second, Is it legal? I'm a little fuzzy on Forge World rules and such seeing as how I haven't use anything from them before. Would I be able to use the Prometheus in Turnaments? Is it somethign that can be relyably played?

Also, if you guys have a better idea or would like to see my army list, please comment as well.

People who don't know how to use artillery are using artillery, and that scares me. -TacJack
    Bring out the Bikes!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Yeah, use the Prometheus. It couldn't hurt. After all, your list fits right in with it's powers and the 4 TLHB are no light matter.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I've faced one on a few occasions, and it is incredibly hardcore. Very little can stand up to its firepower (That many TL heavy bolters is sick). It certainly has its uses - but like any land raider, there is the chance it gets destroyed by the first shot of the game and gives your opponent a lot of VPs.

Quote Originally Posted by TacJack
    Second, Is it legal? I'm a little fuzzy on Forge World rules and such seeing as how I haven't use anything from them before. Would I be able to use the Prometheus in Turnaments? Is it somethign that can be relyably played?
    The FW books state that their models are considered legal for friendly games. They are only tournament legal if the organisers say they are - and most of the time they don't. So if you're looking to take it to a competitive event, you are likely to be out of luck.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread