My own custom made character - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My own custom made character

I couldnt find the right section for this one either lol:sleep:
    I was wondering if you guys can tell me if this is legal for my force commander
    My plan is to replace his jump pack with wings. I will cut off my marneus calgar models power fist arms and glue them on modeling them as twin lightning claws with bolter feeds on both sides (im not sure what the bolter feeds count as or if they are even legal) Then ill throw a chaplain with jump pack into the assault squad and give all the remaining marines storm shields. I was wondering if this is all legal and if this would be an effective squad ( im going to give them furious charge and my commander adamentite mantle also which im not sure is only for black templars or not ) My black templars friend assures me that addy mantles can be used for anyone:wacko:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ... in terms of the wings, if you count them as a Jump Pack sweet. You may have one admamantine mantle in any Space Marine army (except Space Wolf and maybe the Angels). The bolters wouldn't be usable if your talking tourney play but for friendly games depends. In terms of the assualt marines haveing storm shields (which is the way I read it) ONLY Black Templar Assualt Marines have the option to take Storm Shields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a lot of big words there...but I think it'll fly

and about not using it in "the angels"...Do you know how many SM chapters have 'angels' in their name!? Like 50! Please, be specific.
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

and about not using it in "the angels"...Do you know how many SM chapters have 'angels' in their name!? Like 50! Please, be specific.
    The ones that have their own Codex! Its the fact that they have separate rules that makes a difference not what you choose to call them. So to be clear;
    Blood Angels
    Dark Angels
    and their successors, no matter what their called.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Omnissiah
    BerserkWolf is most likely reffering to the most common angel chapters. (DA and BA if your still thinking about which two those might be.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berserkwolf, please except my humble apologie, being an adept of the machine god has turn me into somewhat of a detail freak.
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Blood Angels and Dark Angels and all their succesor chapters. In the Space Wolf Codex it specifically states we can't take anything from the normal Marine Armory, I don't have the BA or DA codexs but they might have the same rule.

Yah, sometimes I get lazy when I type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Well the marneus calgar bolter feeds are only usable to him because he's a character and GW made his rules like that... and twin lightning claws with a storm bolter goes against a lot of GW ideologies (particularly shooting and re-rolling to wound rolls in combat).

But to answer your main question... no it's not legal.

The wings are fine though as a jump pack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is merely my opinion on a matter of aesthetics, but I really think wings on Space Marine models are really tacky. I've seen several people try to do it and have always been completely unimpressed. Don't do it. Please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by relasine
    But I really think wings on Space Marine models are really tacky. I've seen several people try to do it and have always been completely unimpressed. Don't do it. Please.
    You should listen to him. He has a bomb in his avatar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast