is it worth having an expensive hq and storm troopers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it worth having an expensive hq and storm troopers

yesterday i was playing my cousinns in a 4 way battle. The armies being played were necrons, sm, ig, and my army ig and sm.

I had the standard organization, with a lemon russ with a battle cannon,a basilisk wit no indirect fire, and a predater with lascannons all around. I was able to shoot at the necrons the first turn so i did but he was charging with his monalith. So on the second turn i fired at his neccron monalith with my predator and destroyed it. After that was destroyed i shot my lemun russes battle cannon at him almost and took out most of his command squad and on the next turn i shpt at his storm troopers and most of them died. So then i was wondering are ig's HQ's worth to supe up or not and if storm troopers are worth to have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

IG HQ's aren't worth it, in fact, most IG units aren't worth it. Give them only what they need to get the job done. As for stormtroopers, it's all tactics. Walking them up to the enemy is a poor idea. They work better when deep striked, infiltrated, or transported (basically anything but walking) and they can make good use of weapons like plasma guns and meltaguns that the rest of your army won't be able to use properly.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

most HQ are for sending the Ld down the vox, adn storm troopers are good at taking objectives and holding them for a few turns, although they are pricy, they can perform special tasks like takin down a tankor holding back a squad of troops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

HQs are not the powerhouses like other races but are used for Ld and in this roll there are some useful things that you can give them:

Take:
    iron disciplne
    standard bearer
    power weapon
    bolter
    Dont take:
    powerfists
    psykers,priests
    commissars (overcosted cool unit,take 1 max)
    dont max out on weapons as 1 kill = 1 less weapon
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

+ Reply to Thread