Giving troops Doctrines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Giving troops Doctrines

Ok, i know that these has been discussed before but you guys are cool and i know you will help. For the Medusa campaign and all battles after medusa, ny main oppenent is Nurgle. He becomes stronger evertime i play him and im going to use doctrines to pull a fast one on him.
    To give you an idea my army,half of the points goes to tanks. that means not a lot of troops, that arnt for CC(just Shooting) and see how it's Nurgle i see no reason to change that. So the problem is his Now increased infantry are with out a doubt going to rip my troops a new one, but the thing is when the day is done Tanks will win the day, not ground troops so i want to ensure the troops dont die.
    I was thinking of Buying SharpShooters and Carapce Armor.
    Thats 30 pts per squad making the value of my guardsmen go from a 6 to a 9!
    Now the Choas Bolter Will rip through thier Flak Armor, but not throu Carapce armor....
    That means just like that i gave my men a 50 percent chance to stay and fight!
    Now people have been saying carapce armor sucks
    and if i do this that means that normal infantry will have worse aim, and guns the Kasrkins for a point less, and yes theres something wrong with that.

So i would like you thoughts on this subject.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I'm not really fond of either, other than Sharpshooters in HW squads. I would much rather use Cameoleline for 1/2 the cost of Carapace. To me if you have to use Carapace, A: You aren't using cover effectively, or B: you aren't playing with enough cover.

Winning IG Doctorines: Iron Discipline, Close Order Drill, Veterans, and Cameoleline (especially againt shooty armies) and Grenadiers a mobile squad.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I've always been fond of carapace. It really catches people off guard, I was fighting my buddy SM and he had about 40 normal space marines with bolters, so I went carapace and destroyed him because his entire strategy failed. However it is a bit hard to use effectively, the amount of infantry squads we have really stack up.
    Though unnumbered lurking perils await us, our blades will ever be ready.
    FOR WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S VENGEANCE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are u going to play cityfight? if so then i think u should get chamiloline. i mean you would get something like a 3+ cover save, thats nothing to laugh at!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Good point something i failed to tell you. My oppenent is going to make planet fall in the Toxic Forest in the Persues Sector. I was plaining on making a outpost at the edge to of the forest. My be i should go with camoline in this Game. But in the likly event that i Kick his Arse im going to have to go on the offense and start assulting bases. im sure that will require carapace armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camaleoline wont help you in CC however. You could test both camo and carapace in some test games and see which works better for you. Sharpshhoters: to heavy bolter support squads yes, to lasrifles no, against death guard it wont pay back the price.
    Death guard is a real nemesis for us, and in cityfights, where they get cover saves against our plasma, melta and democharges, they become the real nightmare.

+ Reply to Thread