What to do, what to do - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

What to do, what to do

i have asked a lot adn gotten many good answers, but with my army as of now, what suld i get next?

i alredey have 2 russes, 40 infantry, 4 commadn squads (one was the metal model box) , 3 missile launchers, 2 autocannons, 1 heavy bolter, 10 karskins, adn a cimera
    within that i have 7 flamers, 6 grenade launchers, 2 plasma pistols, several powerswords, a fist, som sarges, and many las guns

im hopin to get a bassie adn teh imperial armour book, is this a good idea, or should i get the box set again (it is a pretty good deal, saves roughly 20$)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the imperial armoiur book is a good idea if you plan on using the stuff in it alot. It depends if you want a full troop squad get more. I say you will need a basilisk if you want to shoot inderect. You will need some sentiemals for your fast attack very useful. You might want to get some bases and bits for the heavy weapons from this site http://bwbits.com hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you need 20-40 more troopers and 3 lascannons + some melta or plasma gunners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Dosnt look like you need anything more for a 1000 point list but maybe some more guadsmen so you can make some vets squads, give them some melta guns and then drop them with the drop troop skill as you have no lascannons in your army

You really need some plasma guns for karskin and normal troops as most armys have armour that needs AP3 weapons
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am i wrong, or do you need only 3 commando squads, the hq (can only have one of these) and two for 20 guardsmen each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

okay, in order
    windbender- i plan on getting bassie adn more troops, but i wont get sentinals(for an unemployed teen, 30$ a pop is quite a bit) oh, adn im the one that found that site, but thanks for the, uh, assurance that it is still there

Hermann-i will, again, get more troops, and some lascannons,madn of course the plasmas from that site, adn melta, adn plasma pistols (i like plasma)

cosmos-that was a plan, but deciding to get the IA book, i dont know if i shuld get them or a tank

micro-well, uou need at least 40 regular guys and 2 plaroon command squads for standard org. so you need more than 3, and you can have more than 1 in a command squad

so it remains at
    1) bassy
    2)troops
    3)vets, adn more plasma
    4) lascannons

and mixed in there somewhere is the ia book, am i correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you need 2 for troops and 1 for hq, why do you need more than 3? i dont get the point. plus, i am pretty convinced that you can only take 1 HQ (it came up on this board somewhere).

edit:
    oh, and you dont need at least 2 per troops when you select an AF squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

I wouldn't bother with the IA book unless you're planning on buying a lot of forgeworld models (which are expensive). Although the FW stuff is very cool, most of it is more pricey points wise than the stuff in the codex, and usually of less general use and also requires opponent's permission to use (iirc). When you get a job, go mad on IA and FW models, til then, stick with GW store and mailorder stuff :yes:

I'd reccomend getting the Bassie first, then some lascannons, then some more troops. Don't forget that you can have up to 5x 10 man squads per platoon HQ, so you really don't need much more in the way of HQ squads.

Also if you do a quick search on the forum, there is a good guide on making the most out of a heavy weapon box, by combining them with regular guard so that you get to use all 12 heavy weapons, rather than just 3 teams.
    I have too many armies to list in my signature!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

ya, i saw som eof that, and thanks for th ehelp everyone, adn micro, you were right, i thought you were talking about heavy weapons squads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

there's a thought, you could use your 4th HQ as the platoon HQ for a heavy weapon platoon... not useful if you're going for a more mech company, but fun for an infantry heavy list
    I have too many armies to list in my signature!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast