Question about the olden days - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about the olden days

Hello,

I have a few questions about playing with really really old Space Marines and their weapons.

Now, I'm not really familiar with the rules of the game 'cause I was more interrested in collecting rather than playing but I'm getting the urge to start playing. I designed my own color scheme for my SM (blood red, matt black and chainmail with a good brown ink wash) which is more for the batch cool look than the individual because i suck at painting details. I also have story/origin line for the Night Wolves (original uhum.....) which is a brother Chapter from the Space Wolves (no really?). But, but, but:

What to do with my old weapons and outfits from the Space Quest game marines? They carry weapons i dont see back in the new sprues i can buy. Do they count as real weapons? Can I use them? Like the asault cannon for normal SM's, or the big multi-melta i only see Terminators with but my tiny SM's carry them. And what about the Captain i got from Space Quest, what to do with him? Or the Tarantula double lascannon? I'm at a loss. (and i havent a Codex yet.....) Or the grenade launcher/rocket launcher? :rolleyes:

And I have a box of green plastic Space Marines my brother got from a friend ages ago. These marins all have the spikey nose instead of the new helmets and are a tiny bit shorter than the newer SM's. Can I use these?
    (in the same line: what to do with the Necron Dreadnoughts from Space Quest?)

Maybe someone can help

:ninja:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

You can certainly use them, just make sure that your opponent is aware of what is going on.

"What is that short, stubby little thing?"

"Its a space marine."

"Do they all have a defect that turns them into midgets?!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Brotherchapter? It's called second founding or something like that - there was only a few chapters from the start - and they were legions! So a space wolf successor chapter

Well...of course! On tournaments you can only use GW stuff, but it doesn't matter how old it is. Otherwise you can use anything you like as long as the other player agrees. It should be WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) though, meaning that what you use should be represented on the models.

Hope I've been of help!

Cheers!
    Blood Angels
    Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx for the info. Let's hope I can find the right names and uses for my ancient weapons and that i can convince my adversaries that they really are Warhammer-weapons and not just some selfmadeup potato-guns.

Are there still people who play Space Hulk? I really loved the Aliens-atmosphere with the motion-detector blips and using your flamer around dark corners:ph34r:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sell me your tarantulas please.

Space marine Devestators can carry multimeltas, so you're okay there. grenade launcher under a bolter is just ornamental now, but would probably count as the model having krak/frag grenades, and looks neat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started 40 K with rogue trader the original book! and still use my RTB01 boxed set of plastic space marines! as part of my ever expanding company. For all the WYSIWYG rule any decent opponent will , as long as they realise what represents what, let you use your older figures. These are very evocative miniatures and mine have particularly glorious histories. Modern weapons often look different but fulfill the same purpose, why cant this be the same in the 40K universe?:yes:
    Lord Maxton

+ Reply to Thread