biker questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: biker questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

biker questions

i want to start a interesting army made up of biggish models (theres only so many times ya can paint a gobbo and not wish to kill yourself)

after browsing through som wfb army books i eventually though screw this i don't like fantasy that much anyway, so i'm back to 40k the army that immediately couagth my attention was goddzilla nids (insert funny pic of asian running away from a carnifex destroying tokyo) but i really don't think the army would perform well as well as it would be pretty boring and unimagitive

with the selection of 40k biggish models now severely cut i found myself brousing through the codex i said i would never pick up in a non rule confimation way marines and immediately the bikes caught my eye, beutiful biggish models and a really unique army (i saw a ws army once but that was years ago back when 3rd ed was new)

but i'm not the biggest fan of tybb so i'm thinkin of making my own chapter of bike riding loonies well mandatory selection be as swift as the wind, now for the next one i'm not sure any ideas on what would compliment this kind of army would be appreciated

if i chose to go with the preffered army do bikers count as vehicles or will they benefit from it?

i'm a big fan of death before dishouner (i love the idea of riders too stubborn to reatret on anyones terms bar their own) which leaves the magor drawback the aspire to glory sounds or right but then i lose the all powerful iron halo but if i go with flesh over steel i lose the mighty pred annihilator and transports become fast attack

maybe stickin with the white scar traits would be best and just make my own fluff and paint scheme or maybe just goin with basatw and no worry about a second trait what do you think

last one before i go what character would compliment this army best and should they be mounted on bikes as well or maybe given a squad and transport?

"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Maybe the trait you could take would be, No Mercy, No Respite. Complement your bikes with surgical assaults from the Assault Squads.

Bikers are not vehicles, they simply have enhanced toughness.

Its hard with the Drawback. I'd take the Flesh over steel simply because that leaves acess to the relics.

Chaplains and Librarians are best for Bike armies.

Chaplains are good because they'll boost your bikes in assault.

Librarians will be able to zoom forward and unleash psychic fury upon your opponent. Especially Fear of the Darkness against guard and Tau.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, somthing has been bugging me seeing some lists on this site i notice characters and seargeants taking 2 hand weapons but thats not possible right? i though the model had to have at least one hand controlling the bike
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_00
    cool, somthing has been bugging me seeing some lists on this site i notice characters and seargeants taking 2 hand weapons but thats not possible right? i though the model had to have at least one hand controlling the bike
    3rd edition rules. Now, in 4th edition, they can take 2 weapons and get the bonus in CC. Very nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet combined with the fact they can fire their bolters and charge makes em a much more tactically flexible than i first thought

oh speaking of which can the attack bike fire it's heavy b or muli melta and charge or only its bolters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_00
    sweet combined with the fact they can fire their bolters and charge makes em a much more tactically flexible than i first thought

oh speaking of which can the attack bike fire it's heavy b or muli melta and charge or only its bolters
    Can shoot everything and charge in the same turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude sweet how come these armies are so rare when they can kick so much butt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude sweet how come these armies are so rare when they can kick so much butt
    Low model count/high individual cost makes it harder to recover from an interruption in your battle plan. Also, while they do well against many army types, they can occasionally run into armies they will struggle against. That said, I love them, though I only field one full unit in my marines army.
    Games Workshop is the Wal-Mart of hobby products, except for the low prices. The lack of respect and profit mongering is there in spades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh heh i don't have a problem with high points just means i'll have to play tactically (marines with tactics shockhorror) i got me a horde army in the form of nids and a medium army in sisters so a small elite one sounds good and i really do like bikes

okay so flesh over steel the transports become fast attack does that mean a tactical squad in razorback takes up both a troops and a fast attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

IMHO you are beter sticking to all bikes, whilst you can do thsi with Traits, you may want to consider Raven wing.
    The alternative would be Deathwing, 16 models = 1000 points
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast