Mechanized?!?!?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im thinking of starting a mechanized IG army with either vets or storm troopers, has any had any success with an all mechanized and tank heavy army? i was gonna give the vets and the hq the hardened fighters doctrine, and carapce armor. the storm troopers would have 2 meltguns and 1 with 2 plasma guns, and their chimeras would have the forge world autocannon. does this sound like it would be workable at all? and what other doctrines would be usefull? thanx for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also i was wondering if it would be possible to put the command hq in a chimera along with like an anti tank squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ,command squad + anti-tank squad would be 11 models, so yes they could all be put in a Chimera. You would still need a troop squad..maybe make your storm troopers troops with the grenadier doctrine although then they can't deepstrike or infiltrate. An all vehicle army ( like an AC ) seems alright but some things you have to consider is: taking an autocannon on your Chimera is not in the IG codex. Although I myself have one on mine, i've never seen an actual rule saying you can ( i've loooked through CA '04 to ). Vets are really badass so having a force of 3 squad in Chimeras would be pretty devestating. Then back it all up with some Basilisks and your all set.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im pretty sure you cant put bothe the command and anti tank squad in the same chimera. You can only put one squad in a vehicle, and only the squad you bought the transport for can get in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psyco is right, only one squad per transport, along with any independent characters that are attached.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Yes, this is where the Imperial Guard are the most confusing army in the game; during army creation. In the IG, many or even most of your units are bought in "package deals" where you buy a platoon and then come to find that a platoon is two ten man squads and a five man command squad. Most people initially rationalize that this means that they are all one coherent unit that must operate together all of the time, however, it is not true.

Each part of a platoon, while it is purchased as one unit, deploys and acts completely independantly of each other during the game. The same goes for the Comand Platoon. Any part of a Command Platoon attachment is purchased as part of the Command Platoon but in the game is deployed and played independantly.

This means that you can only stick one unit of a Command Platoon in a chimera. For example: You buy an Command Platoon, two fire support teams, one anti tank team and three sentinels. This is all ONE choice, but you would need a chimera for the Command Squad, two for the fire support teams and another one for the anti tank team. Of course, the sentinels are already a vehicle so don't require a chimera.

According to CA2004, you can only use a transport to transport ONE squad and one squad only. Since the Command Squad and the fire support squad are seperate squads after army creation, they can't go in the same Chimera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why can you not put grenadiers in a chimera? theres nothign that says you cant

Bowling Green State University, OH, U.S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GREATNESS, what are you talking about? In a mechanized army you'd have to, in fact grenadiers sounds smarter to me than ending up with a platoon command squad of 5 troopers in a chimera. Then again I don't play IG, I just use them for their Battle Tank in my Daemonhunters army so I don't know their tactics too well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats what i thought
    someone told me you couldnt do it, i figured you could though, just makin sure.

Closed Thread